• The KillerFrogs

CBS Sports: An Open Letter to Ken Starr

FrogAbroad

Dunno...there were lots of polysyllabic words in that letter...can that yankee law firm provide a translator for Baylorites?

tcudoc

It seems the resurgence of national attention has led alumni and waco media to finally start to give this story some attention, lest they be revealed as conspirators.  I think the ESPN story's use of the victims in the story made it more real.  The interview with Tevin Elliot was sickening.  Baylor is looking really bad in this whole mess and the ones who used to try and protect them are slowly slipping away.  I think this will likely get worse.  As Baylor continues to stonewall, more and more people will turn against them.  Hard to believe Ken Starr or their PR firm thinks this is the right approach.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
tcudoc said:
It seems the resurgence of national attention has led alumni and waco media to finally start to give this story some attention, lest they be revealed as conspirators.  I think the ESPN story's use of the victims in the story made it more real.  The interview with Tevin Elliot was sickening.  Baylor is looking really bad in this whole mess and the ones who used to try and protect them are slowly slipping away.  I think this will likely get worse.  As Baylor continues to stonewall, more and more people will turn against them.  Hard to believe Ken Starr or their PR firm thinks this is the right approach.

I have thought about why Baylor would remain silent while being trashed by everyone this side of Donald Trump.  I don't think they are that stupid to think this will just go away.  Certainly their PR firm could come up with some spin.  One possibility is that there are more unreported rapes and the real [Craig James] hasn't hit the fan completely.  

Here is the link to CBS

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Fred Garvin said:

I have thought about why Baylor would remain silent while being trashed by everyone this side of Donald Trump.  I don't think they are that stupid to think this will just go away.  Certainly their PR firm could come up with some spin.  One possibility is that there are more unreported rapes and the real [Craig James] hasn't hit the fan completely.  

Here is the link to CBS
Undoubtably there are more unreported rapes. When Sam U got cleared by the sham Title IX investigation, he and all other athletes with predator inclinations knew they had carte blanche to do whatever they wanted with no fear of any consequences. If anyone digs a little, they're going to uncover a festering pustule of filth. Plaintiffs' lawyers, journalists, DOJ. I don't care who does it, but someone should. Don't stop at Elliott's and Sam U's victims. There are more out there. They deserve better than what they've received so far.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Big Frog II said:
Calling 60 Minutes.
Watch out what you wish for, those people will rake Baylor over the coals and go after the next closest Christian entity dredging up whatever they deem makes fly-over country look worst whether relevant to Baylor or not. I can just see Casey, the drug thing and TB dragged through the mud.

Rex Andrews

Fred Garvin said:

Here is the link to CBS

Agree.  There may be no good (or even acceptable) way to spin this and they simply hope the news cycle finds a bigger story to make this fade into history a bit.  I suspect there's more to come, deservedly so...

Limp Lizard

Silence from Baylor won't make it go away

Well, it worked for a$m.  And other schools, esp. SEC schools, too.  Why not now?  Lots of words now, silence when Baylor starts out winning by big scores against nobody.

Hoosierfrog said:
Watch out what you wish for, those people will rake Baylor over the coals and go after the next closest Christian entity dredging up whatever they deem makes fly-over country look worst whether relevant to Baylor or not. I can just see Casey, the drug thing and TB dragged through the mud.
1. Immediately suspended and sent to rehab
2. Kicked off team and out of school
3. Suspended immediately for the bowl

I say let someone bring these things up. I'm proud of the way our school handled those situations.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Yeah, there's only a wee bit of attention at present. A flashlight, or maybe even a Zippo to light the rotting corpses, instead of the full blasting sunlight this actually requires.

The next move for Rape U. is simple. A month or so into this (September, if memory serves) they retained the services of a particular Law Firm whose sole function is Title IX work, and the speculation was that Rape U. was already laying the groundwork for it's defense and exoneration by way of a slick P.R. campaign, directed by the crafty old hands at this Law Firm.

At present, it looks bad. But, it is the Off Season, and things get talked about now that only have 10% the audience they would have in October. Rape U. can weather a few months of this, it will recede into memory, then into forgetfulness. By July/August, they will have their shiny New Leaf ready for public inspection, they'll have New People, New Offices and New Mottos to put a stop to all this naughtiness, and a slick P.R. campaign to sell it all to a gullible Media. By Kickoff, it will be entirely forgotten, and Warden Art will not have changed a single thing about how he does business, and Rape U. will be absolutely secure in the knowledge that They Can Get Away With It.

Rape U. will get off. Scot free. Reason? Ultimately, the SportsMedia really doesn't care. They just want grist for the mill today. Maybe tomorrow. Then, they need new grist. And the wheels keep on turning...

jake102

TCU got hammered for overreacting to the drug bust.

OICU812

From Wiki:  
"Starr was not drafted for military service during the Vietnam War, as he was classified 4‑F, because of a case of psoriasis."

And to think, he was an eyelash away from being a Supreme Court Justice.  He has revealed himself as an absolute disgrace to all judges and lawyers everywhere.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
BrewingFrog said:
Yeah, there's only a wee bit of attention at present. A flashlight, or maybe even a Zippo to light the rotting corpses, instead of the full blasting sunlight this actually requires.

The next move for Rape U. is simple. A month or so into this (September, if memory serves) they retained the services of a particular Law Firm whose sole function is Title IX work, and the speculation was that Rape U. was already laying the groundwork for it's defense and exoneration by way of a slick P.R. campaign, directed by the crafty old hands at this Law Firm.

At present, it looks bad. But, it is the Off Season, and things get talked about now that only have 10% the audience they would have in October. Rape U. can weather a few months of this, it will recede into memory, then into forgetfulness. By July/August, they will have their shiny New Leaf ready for public inspection, they'll have New People, New Offices and New Mottos to put a stop to all this naughtiness, and a slick P.R. campaign to sell it all to a gullible Media. By Kickoff, it will be entirely forgotten, and Warden Art will not have changed a single thing about how he does business, and Rape U. will be absolutely secure in the knowledge that They Can Get Away With It.

Rape U. will get off. Scot free. Reason? Ultimately, the SportsMedia really doesn't care. They just want grist for the mill today. Maybe tomorrow. Then, they need new grist. And the wheels keep on turning...

Completely agree.  I'm not going to "like" your post because the whole thing makes me sick.  But I agree with the analysis.  All signs are that this will be a minor kerfuffle, and will blow away in the wind with the passing media cycles.  Unless DOJ gets involved, this will just be a minor storm in the long run.  Starr and Briles just need to keep their heads down and avoid calling more attention to it.

The coeds on Baylors campus deserve better.

ifrog

La Rana Más Caliente said:
1. Immediately suspended and sent to rehab
2. Kicked off team and out of school
3. Suspended immediately for the bowl

I say let someone bring these things up. I'm proud of the way our school handled those situations.

you left out the news conference with all of the Fort Worth and Dallas media the day of the drug arrests. Some TCU fans didn't like that either but its called "getting in front of the story". Something Baylor has never done.