• The KillerFrogs

catalon?

Boomhauer

TCURiggs said:

Not to even mention that BoondocksFrog has proven to be a very reliable source (think his roommate is a current player). I'm starting to believe that Derple is a troll. If not, he's just the dumbest sumbitch on the TCU interwebs. Move over, Curt. There's a new Sheriff in town.
This killed me, bravo

frognutz

Heard a lot in the offseason that BJ was one of the bigger leaders of this thing. Get well son. Hope we make up for him being down these last 2.

Deep Purple

No idea what BJ's injury is, but I do know that concussion can easily occur without any direct blow to the head.  Concussion is basically a mild to severe bruising (which is really a hemorrhaging) of brain tissue.  Any kind of whiplash motion that causes the brain to rattle around in the skull's braincase can cause it.

If it is concussion, it seems a little premature to bring him back for the UT game.  Once you've had a concussion, it's much easier to suffer subsequent ones, and without proper healing, the effects are cumulative.  Mild to moderate concussions usually require three weeks or four months of healing, depending on the severity.  Healing time also differs by the individual.

Bottom line is, if Catalon's injury was a concussion, best not to rush him too quickly back into the lineup.

yurintroubl

Planks said:
The West Virginia game was Nov 1. If Catalon is still out for the Texas game on Nov 27, you'd have to think there's a good chance his career is over. I can't remember a player ever missing a month due to a concussion and then coming back to ever play again.

I wouldn't go that far.   I just think they are being appropriately cautious.  He has the luxury of not having to rush back into things.  The way he went went jogged off the field... The angle he was at that he THOUGHT was an upright angle - I thought "Welcome to Level II, BJ."  I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't see him on the field again until our Bowl Game. 

I think the "David Ash" tag is a bit harsh.   "Ryan Swope circa 2011" may be closer (you know - when he got his 3rd of 2 concussions while at A&M).  Catalon has his Senior year ahead of him and we are doing pretty well figuring out the best way tor redistribute his snaps.

ETA:

Deep Purple said:
No idea what BJ's injury is, but I do know that concussion can easily occur without any direct blow to the head.  Concussion is basically a mild to severe bruising (which is really a hemorrhaging) of brain tissue.  Any kind of whiplash motion that causes the brain to rattle around in the skull's braincase can cause it.

If it is concussion, it seems a little premature to bring him back for the UT game.  Once you've had a concussion, it's much easier to suffer subsequent ones, and without proper healing, the effects are cumulative.  Mild to moderate concussions usually require three weeks or four months of healing, depending on the severity.  Healing time also differs by the individual.

Bottom line is, if Catalon's injury was a concussion, best not to rush him too quickly back into the lineup.

Get out of my head.  We probably would've posted at the exact same time had I not been trying to find the clip of Jeff Maehl while at Oregon running off the field with his body on a 27-degree angle

ECoastFrog

Rifram09 said:
[John Wylie Price] [Jerry Sandusky]

Edit: I was trying to figure out which dirty word turned into Jerry Sandusky... couldn't remember.
Can you give us a hint? I have no clue….

Get well, BJ.

yurintroubl

SwissArmyFrog said:
That particular one was neck/shoulder. He returned to the game.

So it's not the same as an "upper torso injury"?

I'd be willing to bet he experienced symptoms of a mild concussion at some point after the game and didn't tell anybody.  Probably saw that "bright flash" for a moment without losing consciousness...

SwissArmyFrog

yurintroubl said:

So it's not the same as an "upper torso injury"?

I'd be willing to bet he experienced symptoms of a mild concussion at some point after the game and didn't tell anybody.  Probably saw that "bright flash" for a moment without losing consciousness...
I'm sure the staff tested him for concussion. He passed and played on.

jenschkec

What does it matter what is wrong with either Catalon or Grey.

We just need to trust the Athletic Training staff to do what is right for the kid.  We have shown we can win without them.

When they are ready to go, Gable will put them out there!

yurintroubl

I figure we are just being extra EXTRA extra cautious... ever since that overpuffed bit about Gary vs the doctors kerfuffle af few years back.