• The KillerFrogs

Can't believe the national media (ESPN) reaction

A&M is getting ripped apart on ESPN TV, radio and internet. Basically, saying A&M has an inferiority complex and can never compete with Texas. While the inferiority complex may be true, it doesn't apply to this decision. If they truly have an inferority complex - and can't compete with Texas - why would they go to the toughest conference in the nation? LSU, Alabama, Florida, Auburn are all much worse than Texas, OU, OSU, Tech.

Point being, the media just has no idea what it's like to put up with UT and their games. While OU is saying they are commited to the Big 12 for now, there probably isn't a school in the country scrambling to leave a conference more than the Sooners. If Tech is smart, they are doing the same.

Frogs1983

They have to protect their latest $300 mil investement-UT.Are you really surprised ESPN would be speaking against A&M at this point?

Mike Brooks

A&M is getting ripped apart on ESPN TV, radio and internet. Basically, saying A&M has an inferiority complex and can never compete with Texas. While the inferiority complex may be true, it doesn't apply to this decision. If they truly have an inferority complex - and can't compete with Texas - why would they go to the toughest conference in the nation? LSU, Alabama, Florida, Auburn are all much worse than Texas, OU, OSU, Tech.

Point being, the media just has no idea what it's like to put up with UT and their games. While OU is saying they are commited to the Big 12 for now, there probably isn't a school in the country scrambling to leave a conference more than the Sooners. If Tech is smart, they are doing the same.
Roddog's posting have proven that they are the McKinsie Phillips of the Big 12 and UT is the Daddy. Just like she stated in her book, "at some point it became consentual".

Double D

Tier 1
What would you expect from the ' World leader'?

ESPN is behind the Longhorn network so naturally they will rip anyone or any institution that goes against their agenda.

Just like last year, when ESPN ripped TCU to promote Donkey State, an ESPN property in the BCS race...see Mr 'Suck off Donkey' aka Rod Gilmore.

TCUdirtbag

Nothing ESPN saying is false. A&M does have a huge inferiority complex, can't compete with UT $$$, and won't be at/near the top of the SEC West.

Genbukan

Its more than just espn. I've been listening to Sirius XM channel 91 and probably 70% of the callers are saying how stupid it is for the ags to move because they're afraid of Texas, and in the same breath say they'll never win in the SEC. Well, if they are scared why would they move to a tougher league????

I'm no fan of A$M but this seems like a no-brainer to me and I'm really surprised that OU isn't more interested. Texas is the Madam at the Briles house - she may act like she cares about you (baylor, tech are you listening?) but she's only using you so you can make her money.

It will be interesting to see how KU, KSU and Mizzou fans respond to this move. Do they continue to bend over and hold their ankles or do they take this opportunity to look to a conference where they will be treated as equal partners, not indentured servants?

I keep hearing about ESPN protecting their investment with Texas, but that's $300 million. How about their $2 billion investment in the SEC?

I think it's more ignorance of people outside of the state of Texas not knowing what it's like to play mind games with UT.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
They will get a return off the money sunk onto the SEC. The Longhorn Network? Not so much. $300 mil is quite a chunk of change to blow on the UT gang, especially when they can't keep their cows in the corral...

ESPN blows goats. They are not impartial by any stretch of the imagination, and this latest whine-fest on the part of their "talent" is simply more manful thwacking of the dead horse. They pimp their own product. Everything else is to be dumped on and derided. A&M is simply upsetting their precious BIG XII/Longhorn Network applecart, right after they cut UT a Big Fat Check to get things moving. Oops!

PurplFrawg

Administrator
It's interesting to note that none of the other fan boards suggest that the lesser Big 12 schools get together and vote UT off the island. They could take back control of their conference and do some planning that would be mutually beneficial. The Big 12 would be a much more desirable LZ if the Whorns were gone. The irony is that UT might just punch out on their own in a year or two and reduce the options of the remaining programs. Better to be proactive than reactive.

JugbandFrog

It's interesting to note that none of the other fan boards suggest that the lesser Big 12 schools get together and vote UT off the island. They could take back control of their conference and do some planning that would be mutually beneficial. The Big 12 would be a much more desirable LZ if the Whorns were gone. The irony is that UT might just punch out on their own in a year or two and reduce the options of the remaining programs. Better to be proactive than reactive.
The smartest thing I have read. UT wants to do their own thing, so screw em. Dodds has Beebe in his pocket and is playing him for a fool. UT wants what it wants and it is not the B12.

I have to say, I really don't care what ESPN says, or anyone else for that matter. The satan network has a stake in the wHorns so it isn't surprising to me that they're lambasting the Ags to kingdom come.

TEUFELI

I keep hearing about ESPN protecting their investment with Texas, but that's $300 million. How about their $2 billion investment in the SEC?

I think it's more ignorance of people outside of the state of Texas not knowing what it's like to play mind games with UT.

Did espn but CBS?