• The KillerFrogs

Can Y'all Help?

embarassedfrog

A respected longtime poster told me I should try the FFF for this instead of the General Bored. Wes/Scott/Mods if that's not ok with you please delete.

I’m a regular poster but honestly I’m too embarrassed to use the regular handle on this one. I apologize.

2012 has been very rough so far. I am the only income in my four-person household including a small child, and we’ve been scraping by waiting on someone to employ one of the other work-age individuals, but to no avail.

We’ve fought and fought but we are at the breaking point and need to do something quickly or we’re going to be in deep trouble. So that’s what this post is for. I am asking for some freelance work from any of y’all who have it. My skills include high-level proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, including data mining and data summarization for large spreadsheets. I am available for copy proofing, editing, composition etc. and have proficiency in all other MS Office Suite applications. I have a B.S. in Management and all but 13 hours left on a Neeley MBA. I have skills in logistics, personnel management, customer service, supply chain, product research and general data gathering. I don’t mind at all busy work, data entry, filing and the like.

This being said, I will gladly take anything including manual labor. If you have a bone to throw my way, please PM me with details. We’ll negotiate a reasonable rate and I’ll give you everything I’ve got. The only caveat is – if it requires my physical presence it would have to be outside of “normal” work hours M-F. And I hope no sadists would ask me to work TCU gametimes but if that’s what it is, that’s what I’ll do. We do what we have to…

Young and Horned

Good luck to you man. Wish I had something that I could offer you, but I live in an apartment and don't have anything in the office to outsource. Will keep an eye and ear open though.

Keep you head up. You are doing the right thing. Just have to keep working hard, swallow your pride and do what is needed until your break arrives. I hope that is very soon.

Flying T

Tier 1
I don't have any work like that available, but I would gladly send you some money. I've needed help before in my life.

count_biffula

Keep pluggin'. Nothing to be embarrassed about. Wish I knew of something. I've been there. Had to swallow the pride more than once to get things back on track.

Oh yeah, one other thing. If looking for 'work' and not a career, ie pizza place, convenience store, retail, etc; don't just fill out an app online or one in the store and turn it in. Ask to speak to a manager and ask them if they need any help. If they're interested, they'll get you something. Applying online or filling out apps without making human contact with a decision maker won't get you squat. Your app will just disappear into the abyss otherwise.

SnoSki

Check out a company called rent a frog valet. Lots of responsible adults Between jobs like yourself work there. They are good guys to work for and it's possible to make $100 a day if you want.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I wish I could do something you other than offer advice. I was there in the very same predicament about 15 years ago. Keep your faith and pray. I was never very devout, but helped. I know it did. I am nearing retirement and back then I couldn't imagine being able to.