• The KillerFrogs

Can we jump Houston?

GO_DJ

Ticket Exchange Pass
TCU fell 11 spots after losing to USM barely in 03

Houston was destroyed. They fall to 18-20

Hahahahha you think voters remember this precedent? Even if they did, thats assuming voters use logic. I think they drop to 14-15

courtmouse

I fear the only thing accomplished by Houston's loss is that Boise State will get the at large BCS bid. And I really really really hate that. IMO there is no way the system will let us get to 16 - whether voters or computers or whatever.

maximilian

I fear the only thing accomplished by Houston's loss is that Boise State will get the at large BCS bid. And I really really really hate that. IMO there is no way the system will let us get to 16 - whether voters or computers or whatever.

You can't be this dumb.

PO Frog

I think you need to re-read the BCS rules.

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Wish I was that dumb, but have seen a lot over the years. I hope for a big Christmas present tomorrow - but I expect a lump of coal in our BCS stocking.

The lump of coal this year would take the form of a Poinsettia.

But I don't think that's going to happen. I think we're in.

bscttyb

Oh its going to be interesting tomorrow. Sugar Bowl!! Sugar Bowl!!Sugar Bowl!!Sugar Bowl!!Sugar Bowl!!Sugar Bowl!!Sugar Bowl!!Sugar Bowl!!Sugar Bowl!!Sugar Bowl!!vSugar Bowl!!
\

Ayeeee! Man! I think we have it!!!!!

TCUdirtbag

I think you need to re-read the BCS rules.
You can tell from the post that he did. If we don't get to 16, there will be no non-AQ with an auto-bid. BSU is ranked high enough to be considered for an at-large berth, and there will be one more spot open. So it's possible Boise could get a BCS invite and TCU could go to Vegas if TCU doesn't hit 16 tomorrow.

cdsfrog

You can tell from the post that he did. If we don't get to 16, there will be no non-AQ with an auto-bid. BSU is ranked high enough to be considered for an at-large berth, and there will be one more spot open. So it's possible Boise could get a BCS invite and TCU could go to Vegas if TCU doesn't hit 16 tomorrow.

no chance in hell. Michigan is going to get picked.

My Buddy Steve

I understand the thread title says that but nobody really gives a damn if we are ranked ahead of Houston if we are not top 16. I would be willing to bet that the entire premise of this thread is if we jump ahead of UH then that means we pick up 1 of the 2 spots we need.

I know but everybody is so picky about Titles and subtitles that you have to follow the unwritten rules of following the topic.

Anyway, Im going to drink like Hornedfrog2015 tonight. Watch for my posts at 4 am

weklfrog

We need two spots. Houston may drop enough to get us one spot but that is a big drop this late in the season. Baylor is at 17 but they will beat Texas so no help there. Mich St (13) and wis(15) play tonite. It would help us if that game is a blow out. Better for Mich St to win because wis doesn't have to fall as far. Also have Okie Light and OU (10). Not sure OU will fall far enough even if they get beat unless it is a huge blowout. Georgia is at 14 and we need LSU to beat them by more than a few (and Georgia is currently winning 10-7 early in the 3rd). It may still be tough to get those two spots.

cdsfrog

We need two spots. Houston may drop enough to get us one spot but that is a big drop this late in the season. Baylor is at 17 but they will beat Texas so no help there. Mich St (13) and wis(15) play tonite. It would help us if that game is a blow out. Better for Mich St to win because wis doesn't have to fall as far. Also have Okie Light and OU (10). Not sure OU will fall far enough even if they get beat unless it is a huge blowout. Georgia is at 14 and we need LSU to beat them by more than a few (and Georgia is currently winning 10-7 early in the 3rd). It may still be tough to get those two spots.

Georgia is now losing!!!

Georgia losing would help a lot!

cdsfrog

Yes it would and the bigger the loss the better. If LSU squeaks by, Geoergia may not fall far enough. A few more scores for LSU would go a long way.

Georgia will fall hard in coaches poll they are 12th and 14th in harris/computers. If they lose by 2 scores they will fall 5 spots in that poll hurting them a lot. 3 spots in the other 2 for a composite 17.

1 score ......yikes

Young and Horned

Need Wisconsin to lose or completely blow out MSU. Would have helped if Baylor lost. Now we need Georgia to get beat by about 28-30. I think Houston will drop in the computers a bunch and prolly drop to about 15-18 in the polls. Only reason they were so high is bc of being undefeated. Now they aren't and they still have a SOS of around 105. So computers should drop them a bunch.

Just have to hope and pray now. Man I hope it happens, but not as confident as I was before I saw we were behind .2 in the standings from 16.