• The KillerFrogs

Can someone please....

TCUGuy

explain to me how the Big 12 went from completly falling apart Sunday morning, to sticking together and having a mega new tv contract.

This thing was done and in the basket, TX, Tech, OU, OSU, all to the Pac 16. A&M to the SEC. Was that all just smoke and mirrors and they were using the Pac 10 and SEC to get leverage in a new TV deal, or was this thing really that close to falling apart.

Did this really not happen because A&M was not going to go along, or were they all just stalling trying to get a better TV deal.

I just don't understand how this thing turned around so quick, and so fast.

Someone fill me in.

the dutchman

QUOTE(TCUGuy @ Jun 14 2010, 06:47 PM) [snapback]578793[/snapback]
explain to me how the Big 12 went from completly falling apart Sunday morning, to sticking together and having a mega new tv contract.

This thing was done and in the basket, TX, Tech, OU, OSU, all to the Pac 16. A&M to the SEC. Was that all just smoke and mirrors and they were using the Pac 10 and SEC to get leverage in a new TV deal, or was this thing really that close to falling apart.

Did this really not happen because A&M was not going to go along, or were they all just stalling trying to get a better TV deal.

I just don't understand how this thing turned around so quick, and so fast.

Someone fill me in.

Basically TU got what they wanted which meant they will get more money and their money from a TU tv network than any other team in the Big 12 leftovers. I if were these other schools I would be p--ssed.

HUT-Frog

It will probably all be left to speculation, but TCU knows from experience that a conference commissioner about to lose his job will do almost anything to save it.

dweller

UT got what it wanted, it's own TV network, more money than the other schools, and a conference with absoultely no challenge to ut and the BcS bowls except occassionaly Oklahoma.
:ph34r: :ph34r:

TCUGuy

So basically Bebee came in and promised UT boat loads of money in the last second and they decided to take the deal. OU, OSU, A&M, Tech all just fell in line? it's as simple as that?

HUT-Frog

QUOTE(TCUGuy @ Jun 14 2010, 06:51 PM) [snapback]578801[/snapback]
So basically Bebee came in and promised UT boat loads of money in the last second and they decided to take the deal. OU, OSU, A&M, Tech all just fell in line? it's as simple as that?

It sure seems that way.

Yeah, they all got more money. OU got a lot more money. UT is getting boatloads more money and its own network.

The original problem with the conference will only be magnified now.

PurpleHills

QUOTE(TCUGuy @ Jun 14 2010, 05:51 PM) [snapback]578801[/snapback]

No, the TV guys, not sure just which one yet, stepped in and offered mega bucks to keep the supper conf. thingy from rising up and voiding all contracts and bringing on armageddon. The talk is that espn or fox said enough is enough and put the breaks on big ten and pac ten's move to raid the almost dead-12. They had to put up major bucks to keep the 10 together.

PH

TCUGuy

I disagree. Losing Utah will hurt our autobid chances. That is a major blow.

You guys think UT was ever really serious about going to the Pac 10, or was this all just a game to get more money from the Big 12 TV guys?

dweller

The new Big 12 or UT league will be weaker top to bottom than the MWC, They have UT and Oklahoma, then the next best teams are middle of the road. The MWC has TCU, Boise st., and Utah if they stay and BYU.

That will mean MWC will move above Big East, and Big 12 (whatever conference),

PurpleHills

QUOTE(back_in_black @ Jun 14 2010, 05:53 PM) [snapback]578807[/snapback]
In the end we got Boise, we may or may not lose Utah, and the MWC is still positioned for the auto bid in 2 years. Everyone stop whining.

I will feel better ONLY when I hear the Utes pleage loyalty to the MWC. At least that they are NOT talking to the PAC-11

PH
At least we added BSU while the fire was raging.

PurpleHills

QUOTE(TCUGuy @ Jun 14 2010, 05:57 PM) [snapback]578816[/snapback]
I disagree. Losing Utah will hurt our autobid chances. That is a major blow.

You guys think UT was ever really serious about going to the Pac 10, or was this all just a game to get more money from the Big 12 TV guys?

the Cows were headed out west on friday then the tv dudes got real worried the earth was about to open under their feet. Then they stepped in to halt the melt down. Yes UT was packing their bags, was not a bluff. Texas was going to cash in no matter what happed, they above all the rest was never in danger of losing a cent. Now they look like heros for keeping the gang together when all a long they were involved in the near split up.

PH
the cows made out like pirates