• The KillerFrogs

Can Baylor or TCU still make the playoffs?

netty2424

I clicked that link, saw the two guys faces who were about to debate the issue, and deleted it. Two of the biggest haters in all of college football.

FrogSwagSurfin

Yes. First we need to beat up the Longhorns, tie them up so they can't leave for 3 days, and steal their jerseys. Next show up at the Cotton Bowl in the Burnt Orange jerseys with a losing record and they will immediately let us in all the while kicking out OU or ND. If they say you should be here just respond with biggest revenue generator in the college football, it is the club password. With 10 seconds left to go in the 4th quarter, winning by 50 of course, we changed into our all black jerseys and throw up a big scheiss you to Jeff Long. After that we start a new bowl league and ESPN signs us for a TCU network. It is a full proof plan.

As I mention in another post, here is how TCU makes the playoffs, assuming they are 11/12 with UNC taking the other spot.  Need to move past 8 teams.
1) Win out - TCU is 11-1.
2) OSU lose out - TCU is the Big 12 champ.  TCU moves past OU, OSU, and BU as all have losses in the last 3 weeks.  That's 3 of 8.
3) Guaranteed losses ahead of TCU - (a) Clemson/UNC; (b) 2 of OSU, MSU, Iowa (c) Bama/Florida  That's 4 more for 7 of 8 (or 6 of 7 if TCU stays in front of UNC to begin with)

That puts TCU at 5.  So basically, TCU needs chaos with OSU and then one more game to break their way.  Maybe that's a ND loss or UNC/Florida drop a game, but win the conference championship in an upset.  Maybe Michigan runs the table.

I will have hope until there is no reason to have hope. 

Pharm Frog

Capt John Mason SAS said:
As I mention in another post, here is how TCU makes the playoffs, assuming they are 11/12 with UNC taking the other spot.  Need to move past 8 teams.
2) OSU lose out - TCU is the Big 12 champ.  TCU moves past OU, OSU, and BU as all have losses in the last 3 weeks.  That's 3 of 8.
3) Guaranteed losses ahead of TCU - (a) Clemson/UNC; (b) 2 of OSU, MSU, Iowa (c) Bama/Florida  That's 4 more for 7 of 8 (or 6 of 7 if TCU stays in front of UNC to begin with)

That puts TCU at 5.  So basically, TCU needs chaos with OSU and then one more game to break their way.  Maybe that's a ND loss or UNC/Florida drop a game, but win the conference championship in an upset.  Maybe Michigan runs the table.

egbVHi4.gif

ifrog

Here is a quick summary if either win out:

Kanell said a 5% chance, and Finnebaun said absolutely no chance, zero, nada

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Screw both of 'em.

We could win out and they'd screw us out of the Playoff simply because of the B1G-SEC agenda. Disney/ESPN doesn't care about what is right, they care about revenue. Maximum revenue is generated by Alabama playing Notre Dame for the Championship. That's what it's all about. Nothing will stand in the way of that matchup. You just watch...

finafrog

Yes, we can, but only if we are the only one-loss team and everyone else has two or more losses.  (LSU-OSU scenario from 2007 or so). Forget about it.  Enjoy a special season.

Zubaz

Capt John Mason SAS said:

This is the correct answer.

If we win out and are Big 12 champs (so OSU needs to drop two), all we really need to have happen is Stanford beating Notre Dame. We PROBABLY don't get the benefit of the doubt if both of us have one loss (though we very well might considering our respective schedules), but we absolutely get in over a 2-loss Notre Dame team. Anyone that says different is needlessly paranoid.

Us winning out is the big IF in this thread, we will be double digit underdogs in the next 2 games... Highly unlikely any of the above scenarios happen...as much as I would like them to...just being realistic

Get Your Frogs Up

CAMPDAVIDFROG said:
Us winning out is the big IF in this thread, we will be double digit underdogs in the next 2 games... Highly unlikely any of the above scenarios happen...as much as I would like them to...just being realistic

I don't think we'll be double digit underdogs vs. Baylor.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Todd D. said:
This is the correct answer.

If we win out and are Big 12 champs (so OSU needs to drop two), all we really need to have happen is Stanford beating Notre Dame. We PROBABLY don't get the benefit of the doubt if both of us have one loss (though we very well might considering our respective schedules), but we absolutely get in over a 2-loss Notre Dame team. Anyone that says different is needlessly paranoid.

Yes, we basically need a 5 team parlay to get into the playoffs.  Assuming all games had a 50/50 chance, that would put us at about 4.7%,  Since we will be an underdog in both our games and OSU may be favored at home, our chances are probably significantly less.

TCU over OU
TCU over BU
BU over OSU
OU over OSU
Game #5 - Stanford over ND or Clemson loses ACC Championship or other chaos

The other wild card would be the committee just screwing us for the fun of it.