• The KillerFrogs

Can’t say I’ve ever seen this before.....

Ron Swanson

I guess I'm a little taken aback by the apparent ill feelings here towards CDC.

The abrupt way in which he left and the fact that he moved to Austin -- Texas, of all places! -- make those feelings justified. And the band in the stratosphere thing didn't help.

My thinking has always been that he was going to leave soon anyway. But the fact that left abruptly and then tried to spin this story about how being at Texas would enable him to help TCU at the next realignment was a ham-handed attempt to soft-shoe jumping to a major Big 12 rival.

I'm not defending him. I'll admit I'm friends with him. But when you leave and go to work for the competition, you have to expect some snickering from Fort Worth when the story comes out (true or not) that you were kicked off the sidelines at the end of Saturday's game.
I think most people here are good with CDC. A vocal minority are butt hurt. It’s expected and not a big deal. I liked him a lot when he was here and now I’m mostly ambivalent. I understand his move.

I’ll admit, I’m confused by Land Frog’s strong opinions about your commentary on the situation.

flyfishingfrog

People are only upset because they believed- as CDC wanted them to - that he was truly a Frog

He wasn’t - he is a really good politician that did a great job making us feel like he was one of us - but most people that he spent time with knew he was going to move on - maybe not to UT but somewhere larger like another state school, the NFL, etc once he had done what he thought he could

He wasn’t going to hang around to bask in the glory

Personally I was fine with the constant used car/evangelist schtick because his vision for TCU and ability to deliver it was amazing

He is like a campaign manager that convinces you his candidate is the next JFK and you have to vote for him to change your life- that is until the next Reagan shows up and he backs that horse

He will have the Longhorns believing he is the greatest convert to the land of baby crap orange until he has completed his agenda there and then will move on again

CDC is a modern day athletics version of a carpetbagger and always has been

Pharm Frog

I love TCU. I hate Texas university. It is the enemy. I loved CDC when he was at TCU. CDC is now the enemy. I no longer love him. I love you at Sportspage. I would no longer love you if you went back to the enemy Startlegram. See how easy love and hate is...
GO FROGS!
BEAT baylor!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and [Baylor asshoe] & CDC!!

This post has my full endorsement

Dogfrog

Most TCU fans have come to believe that the last 10 years or so of athletics success and resulting athletic salaries have moved TCU beyond the “our coaches / AD will move on to something better” mindset. The only folks who seem to hang on to this mindset are sports writers. Especially the old ones, whose college sports heirarchy was cast in stone 40 years ago.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
CDC was never going to stay at TCU for the rest of his days. He is ambitious, and was offered a job that he literally could not turn down. For someone in his line of work, the UT job is among the top 5, and he got into it when things were down and all a mess. He gets to put his stamp on things while placing them all in order. Money will never be an issue, even though he can still sell ice to Eskimos.

Frog Brother

CDC darned up our season tickets...

Yes! Yes he did!

I still liked him as the TCU AD. He is a professional flirt and is very good at it. He walked quite a way to shake our hands when he saw us tailgating on the golf course at the Rose Bowl. You would have thought we were big money boosters.

I am not one of the butt hurt ones but it would be funny as heck if CDC was run off the field especially by the officials.

tcudoc

CDC darned up our season tickets...
tenor.gif