• The KillerFrogs

Calling out Deloss Dodds

tiopepe

TCU provides several advantages over Texas A&M, Louisville, or BYU as a potential member of the Big 12:

1) TCU consistently outperforms Texas A&M in television ratings.  TCU would be an upgrade from A&M in terms of TV value (of utmost importance in conference realignment):

- At the time, TCU vs. Wisconsin was the highest rated sporting event in cable history (excluding the NFL).  The BCS title game did top this, but all other bowls were a very distance third.

- The TV ratings for TCU/OU (when TCU won in Norman) were better than ANY A&M vs. OU game in the ~15 years of the Big 12.

- This year's Friday night TCU / Baylor outdrew the following Friday night A&M / SMU game in DFW metroplex TV sets by over 200,000 TV sets.

2) I currently reside in Michigan and can attest that TCU draws significantly interest in our region than Texas A&M does.  Texas A&M has little/no following in this region.  However TCU draws significant interest, most who watch us hoping we will either succeed or fail based on their feelings that we beat their Big 10 champion, Wisconsin.

3) Many schools in the conference see the light and are very supportive of us.  They understand how much money they would waste on airfare for non-revenue sports instead of a bus if they invite a team like BYU or Louisville.

4) TCU home attendance would be exceptional in the Big 12... every conference game would likely be >90% attendance, with several likely be similar (>100% capacity) to the 2010 Utah game.  The 2006 TCU/Texas Tech game in Fort Worth was sold out with an electric atmosphere.  Similar games with Baylor have been equally well attended.

So why not add TCU? Let's ask Deloss Dodds, the source of the "resistance" to TCU. Not TV appeal, nor Big 12 fans disinterest in TCU. The answer: fear. Deloss Dodds is terrified of TCU.

82 Frog Fever

UT does not want to help out anyone they view as an in state recruiting rival.
It sucks, but that is their strategy. That's why they will always work to torpedo any effort toward TCU being invited to join the Big XII, XI, X, IX, soon possibly VIII.

fanforlife

Let's make a website and send the link to every sportswriter in the country. If Deloss still wants to blackball us, we could at least permanently destroy his credibility and reputation.

A few tidbits to add:

-Recent Rose Bowl was the highest rated non-NFL sporting event in the history of cable television ever
-Season opener against Baylor received the fourth-highest number of viewers ever for a Friday night game. Highest number if you exclude the Friday after Thanksgiving.
-TCU-Baylor game hugely outdrew A&M-SMU in DFW viewership on the same weekend
-Last year’s TCU-Oregon State game doubled the area viewership of a competing game between Texas Tech and SMU
-Last year’s TCU-SMU contest gained almost equal viewers to the game in which UCLA beat Texas.

TCU tradition:

-2 National Championships
-Played in Southwest Conference from 1923-1996. Nine conference Championships. TCU was the first SWC team to play in the Sugar Bowl, Cotton Bowl and Orange Bowl. TCU is the last Texas team to play in the Fiesta Bowl and Rose Bowl.
-Home of some of the most famous names in football. Heisman winner Davey O’Brien. Slingin’ Sammy Baugh, Bob Lilly, LaDainian Tomlinson, just to name a few
-Birthplace of the spread offense

More recently:
-Two-time winners of the WAC
-One Conference USA championship
-Three Mountain West championships
-Longest current streak of being ranked in AP poll
-7th winningest program in the last decade

Pictures of new stadium

Any more?

DearDeloss.com and TCUtoBig12.com are both available

I've got $200 if someone wants to start a website or PR effort. Or even if we want to pay to send Maniac down there to camp out in front of his office with a video camera.

I'm dead serious. Let's start something.

DJF

fanforlife

Let's start by collecting information that should go into website. Making the site isn't nearly as difficult as deciding what it says. This should be a group effort.

If you have links, data, anything pertinent, post it here.

AustinFrog

Deloss Dodds is in fact the devil, he has no redeaming social value whatsoever. I gleefully await his death. I hope the graveyard he is burried in has good drainage because the ground on his grave will never be dry. The people waiting to piss/spit on his grave will reach arount the block.

fanforlife

DearDeLoss.com is registered, and a preliminary one-page website has been created.

Will take 12-24 hours for the registration to clear the system. I'll upload it then.

Someone pony up for some of those Dallas Daily Billboards. Text only; there's one on I-75, and a few others around the Metroplex. I think they're about $200 per day.

I would, but I'm not exactly in the financial position to do so. If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you my contact there.