• The KillerFrogs

Cable Provider/TCU

pastorfrog

Ok Frogs- help me out.  I am in Chicagoland and looking to switch from DISH.  Maybe Comcast?

Here is what I need to know.  Right now I get FOX SPORTS Midwest.  But when there is a game on Fox Sports SW- AKA TCU football, baseball and basketball- I get that game on an auxiliary channel like 415 etc.  

What have Frog fans outside of Texas used that gets the games on FOX Sports SW?  I know I will pay a bit more, etc.  That is not the problem.  The problem is making sure someone can say YES!  

Thanks

(and if your provider does not carry the LHN that is a bonus.)  

jake102

pastorfrog said:
Ok Frogs- help me out.  I am in Chicagoland and looking to switch from DISH.  Maybe Comcast?

Here is what I need to know.  Right now I get FOX SPORTS Midwest.  But when there is a game on Fox Sports SW- AKA TCU football, baseball and basketball- I get that game on an auxiliary channel like 415 etc.  

What have Frog fans outside of Texas used that gets the games on FOX Sports SW?  I know I will pay a bit more, etc.  That is not the problem.  The problem is making sure someone can say YES!  

Thanks

Just move back to Texas. Problem solved. 

PurplePainD

masterfrog said:
I have had DirecTV and the sports package and haven't had any issues getting the TCU games.

DirecTV or Uverse and you should be golden, you just have to pay up to make sure you get all Fox regional channels and alternates  (had both these providers and could usually find everything in HD)

Zubaz

pastorfrog said:

Thanks

My understanding is that Comcast will lock you in to your regional Fox Sports and it's difficult to get anything else.  The last time I had Comcast was 2009 though, so it might have changed.

DirecTV really is the best option for college ball.  Their "Sports pack" will include all of the Fox Sports / Comcast Sports networks, and there's no NCAA equivalent of "Sunday Ticket" that you need to buy.  TCU Football is literally the only reason I still have a television package, and DirecTV is perfect for that.

cousinjoker

pastorfrog said:

Thanks

You need the Multi-Sports Pack if going with Dish.  It will give you all of the regional Fox Sports networks, including Fox Sports Southwest.  Make sure you have Versus as well for the occasional game (e.g. every other year @ SMU) which could end up there.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
Go Frogs! said:

You need the Multi-Sports Pack if going with Dish.  It will give you all of the regional Fox Sports networks, including Fox Sports Southwest.  Make sure you have Versus as well for the occasional game (e.g. every other year @ SMU) which could end up there.
Versus is now NBCSportsNetwork, isn't it?

pastorfrog

I called and talked to Direct TV about my situation.  They explained to me that all Regional Sports were blocked out except SW.  When I told him I needed to see BIG 12 football he said, I kid you not, "I played WR at Texas Tech."  Was on the team when we beat them in 06 and when they beat Texas in 08.

matmoo123

I have Comcast in Atlanta and never have a problem picking up the games.  They carry pages and pages of the Fox regional channels.  You gotta have something to fill 500+ channels.  You should be OK.

UnderToad

On a somewhat related note, I noticed that the Longhorn Network has now appeared on Charter Cable in FW -- channel 700 I think.

pastorfrog

frogefresh said:
I have Comcast in Atlanta and never have a problem picking up the games.  They carry pages and pages of the Fox regional channels.  You gotta have something to fill 500+ channels.  You should be OK.

Thanks- thats what I needed.   

cousinjoker

pastorfrog said:
I called and talked to Direct TV about my situation.  They explained to me that all Regional Sports were blocked out except SW.  When I told him I needed to see BIG 12 football he said, I kid you not, "I played WR at Texas Tech."  Was on the team when we beat them in 06 and when they beat Texas in 08.

I've never had an issue with TCU games being blocked out on DISH with the MultiSports pack.  As a post above notes, Versus has changed to NBC Sports.  And, I looked back at last year's schedule - the game @ SMU was on FSN.  You should be fine with the Multi Sports pack and a pretty basic package with all of the ESPNs.  Now I see that you are moving from DISH, though, so options with DISH probably won't help.  My apologies.

thanson

SigmundFrog
I live in Chicago and I have Comcast had to buy package to be able to get FoxSW no big deal.  I think it is an extra $5/mo..

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Rabbit Ears. And 6 coat hangers. All arranged in a anti/proton hexagon design on a southwestern vector. Wait, someone's at the door....oh it's Homeland Security. Again.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Stay away from Cumcast.

Go DirecTV. The best. You might pay a little more but has great features, great HD. Called their customer service once in 10 years and they gave me a 12-month discount. The best.