• The KillerFrogs

BYU needs to pack their bags

BABYFACE

I have always believed that BYU being a member of the MWC makes it stronger and still do. However, since the BYU admin is dellusional, they will continue to due harm to the MWC. They may stick for now, but will they try form their own new conference again as they did when they formed the MWC out the WAC, or always threatening to go Indy? They will use strong-arm tactics and threats to fellow MWC schools as condition for BYU to stay in the conference. Which means the situation with BYU will always remain unstable until the admin in Prove changes and they have a grasp of reality.

I know CFB as a whole is unstable, but I believe BYU might have become a cancer that may need to be removed. I know this will hurt the MWC for an autobid while currently in the evaluation period with 2 years left. But, will BYU get back in line and realize it's errors or will this be on going thing with them always threatening to leave the conference? I believe they are dellsuional and are being driven out fear and jealousy over Utah going to the PAC.

Thoughts?

PurplePutt

I have always believed that BYU being a member of the MWC makes it stronger and still do. However, since the BYU admin is dellusional, they will continue to due harm to the MWC. They may stick for now, but will they try form their own new conference again as they did when they formed the MWC out the WAC, or always threatening to go Indy? They will use strong-arm tactics and threats to fellow MWC schools as condition for BYU to stay in the conference. Which means the situation with BYU will always remain unstable until the admin in Prove changes and they have a grasp of reality.

I know CFB as a whole is unstable, but I believe BYU might have become a cancer that may need to be removed. I know this will hurt the MWC for an autobid while currently in the evaluation period with 2 years left. But, will BYU get back in line and realize it's errors or will this be on going thing with them always threatening to leave the conference? I believe they are dellsuional and are being driven out fear and jealousy over Utah going to the PAC.

Thoughts?

The whole deal pisses me off but want them to stay because their leaving hurts the MWC and TCU. Let's wait and see what happens on/by the 1st before we go nuts.

If they stay and the MWC gets the autobid like we expect it will, BYU will likely stay long term. Surely, BYU has been very hurt by Utah leaving the conference for the PAC-12. This is their response to it. However, once the pain wears off, I think they'll realize that the MWC is the best fit for them.

BABYFACE

The whole deal pisses me off but want them to stay because their leaving hurts the MWC and TCU. Let's wait and see what happens on/by the 1st before we go nuts.

If they stay, I would want to reaffirm the allegiance to MWC(even though it does guarentee anything)and not give them concessions.

Big Frog II

I think their bruised egos have gotten in the way of clear thinking since Utah announced going to the Pac-10. I think for the benefit fo BYU, TCU, BSU, etc. it would be best for them to stay. Yes, the TV deal needs to be reworked since the networks are throwing around big money and ours appears to be undervalued. With BSU, Fresno, and Nevada coming on board, now is the time.

BABYFACE

If they stay and the MWC gets the autobid like we expect it will, BYU will likely stay long term. Surely, BYU has been very hurt by Utah leaving the conference for the PAC-12. This is their response to it. However, once the pain wears off, I think they'll realize that the MWC is the best fit for them.

You are thinking logically and your thought process is what I have believed during this whole process. However, I have learned along they way, Provo is dellusional and acting illogical. Fan bases are one thing, but a nutjob Admin and AD is where the problem lies. Their egos are too big and thus for them to stay, they will demand unfair and unjust concessions.

Johnnyhornedfrog

Thoughts?

I think a real good spanking on October 16 might help to bring them back down to earth.

Gunner

Don't know why they were oh so hurt by Utah's jump. We got Boise and regained more than Utah.

I want them to stay and we need to just forget the whole "indy" thing. It will poison us too, if we let it...BYU can help us alot with the BCS whores.

Opintel

Moderators
Don't know why they were oh so hurt by Utah's jump. We got Boise and regained more than Utah.

I want them to stay and we need to just forget the whole "indy" thing. It will poison us too, if we let it...BYU can help us alot with the BCS whores.
Screw them...what's best for TCU is what our focus should be.

No concessions, if they return it will be fine. If they do not, that's fine too. Just stomp them in the October game.

Limey Frog

They only need to stay one or two more years before things will look so much better for our league that they won't want to leave at all. This year we will have two top 10 teams and maybe a [mythical] national champ. If we add UH we will pick up another 10-win program and can add a championship game. I believe we can qualify for an AQ bid and that Thompson is working to improve our TV situation any way he can.

This whole thing is so frustrating because if we just hang together and don't panic we'll all be fine. If BYU jumps that will hurt us all, but by the time they see how idiotic the move was it will be too late.

I hate BYU.

hometown frog

I think they are also feeling a bit threatened by TCU and how we have taken fire at their reign as top dog in the conf. I don't think they like being in that secondary position.

West Coast Johnny

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that we need to be in a conference where there are some local rivalries with schools that actually want to play us. The prevailing thought is that Rice, Houston, SMU, etc. are small time and we are better than they are. I think that this "we are better than that" attitude that abounds in college football is ruining it. It results in mis-matched programs like Baylor in the Big 12. It also results in programs like TCU trying to forge rivalries with BYU, Utah, Boise, etc. - far flung schools that just happen to be in the same vagabond conference. Its impossible to build upon this foundation.