• The KillerFrogs

Bye-Bye Herm

gofor2

Like Deion to TCU? They wanted a name

610e32bc41bdf1df1309f3933375d0f3

Eight

Sad because he seems like a good dude. Would love to see TCU bring him on.

as what exactly? part of the issues this program has recently dealt with is hiring guys who seemed like good people, people got kept around because they were good people, so what does herm bring to the table besides that

Limp Lizard

He played db for 10 years in the NFL and coached them for another 10. You don't think he could coach them here?
I remember a certain highly successful NFL offensive coordinator who went to TCU, who then went from mediocre to awful. Name of Jim Shofner. Great pro coach, horrible college head coach. Of course, positional coaches are different, so there is that.

But...we already have some good coaches. Maybe if he wanted to be a defensive analyst.

HornyWartyToad

I remember a certain highly successful NFL offensive coordinator who went to TCU, who then went from mediocre to awful. Name of Jim Shofner. Great pro coach, horrible college head coach. Of course, positional coaches are different, so there is that.

But...we already have some good coaches. Maybe if he wanted to be a defensive analyst.
Sure- I guess my point is he's too young to hang it up, he'll go *somewhere* and make a great contribution.