• The KillerFrogs

Bye bye Cumbie...

tetonfrog

Meacham was at the game.

From one of the 50,000 arm chair QB's....Cumbie is in over his head. That 4th down call officially ended it for me.

And Meach was at the OSU game in 2015 when he had Kyle Hicks run the same DAMN play twice. It did not work then. It did not work now. It has never worked. It will never work.

But sure, bring back Meach and let's go through 2015 all over again. Come on! Either clean house or let it be.What is next? Bring back Pat Sullivan as co-OC?

tetonfrog

Collins was the best we had last year until he tore his throwing hand open. Collins should be the one starting.

Wasn't Collins the starter last year at WV? When we suffered the worst loss in GP's history? Why would it change and how is he going to to stay healthy this year?

NewFrogFan

Fire Cumbie. And hire Doug Meacham our offense was amazing in 2014.

If we are talking new blood, then get some REAL new blood. Who will admit they ever heard of Joe Brady before this year? The results are real. I thought there was discussion about issues with current staff and Meacham. Hell I would let Kenny Hill call plays or at least be a passing game coord. SC seems lost, his results prove it. After 3 games I once again dont know what the offensive theme is. I do know they 2 of the best RB’s in this decade on the same team and you almost never see them in the game together. (Have they ever)?

Dusty

Wasn't Collins the starter last year at WV? When we suffered the worst loss in GP's history? Why would it change and how is he going to to stay healthy this year?

I don't recall if he started or not, but I remember him trying to play with a chunk of his palm stitched up on his throwing hand. He should not have been out there with that injury. Who can throw a ball with their hand like that.

Mean Purple

Yes sir, he has been practicing for for more than a month. He was on the sideline today sending in signals. This is getting old, Duggan is solid for a freshman, but he really needs to redshirt to give him time to develop.
not just that, how many qb's are gonna come here in the future when they see many that did not develop or get playing time as they went on to upper class.

Collins was a way better choice than SR last year. Would love to see him get the reps and play … and not late in the game when it is getting too late.

Dusty

not just that, how many qb's are gonna come here in the future when they see many that did not develop or get playing time as they went on to upper class.

Collins was a way better choice than SR last year. Would love to see him get the reps and play … and not late in the game when it is getting too late.

I agree completely. The offense came to life under Collins last year until he tore up his hand. I still don't understand why he was continuing to play after that injury. How could he hold and throw the ball if he couldn't grip it, still baffles me.

NewFrogFan

I was thinking he would come in today especially when they went down 2 TDs. Is he still hurt. Delton Anderson and Sewo ALL in the game and run the ball 80% of the time then throw to wide open TE’s!

Dusty

I was thinking he would come in today especially when they went down 2 TDs. Is he still hurt. Delton Anderson and Sewo ALL in the game and run the ball 80% of the time then throw to wide open TE’s!

I read Collins has been practicing for more than a month. He was on the sidelines today sending in signals. I really expected to see him come in as well. I would love to know who makes that decision, especially during a game. Is it the OC or HC. In any case, they really needed to pull the trigger long before the fourth quarter. But that is just my opinion.

NewFrogFan

I read Collins has been practicing for more than a month. He was on the sidelines today sending in signals. I really expected to see him come in as well. I would love to know who makes that decision, especially during a game. Is it the OC or HC. In any case, they really needed to pull the trigger long before the fourth quarter. But that is just my opinion.

In the post game interview thread it was said that GP said it was SC call.

There was a lot of bad to go around today but most of it started with the offense. Turnovers, fumbled snaps, ridiculously stupid play calls like the Sewo attempt to pass out of the Wild Frog and the last play, no separation by the receivers, no scheming Reagor into even being a factor in this game. It's always the same story and it's very tiresome to continually have one side of the ball that is not professionally coached, does not play with attention to detail, poorly develops its talent and operates from a scheme that is miles behind the better offenses in the conference.

I had very little benefit of the doubt left to give Cumbie starting this season and that is well gone at this point.

Dusty

There was a lot of bad to go around today but most of it started with the offense. Turnovers, fumbled snaps, ridiculously stupid play calls like the Sewo attempt to pass out of the Wild Frog and the last play, no separation by the receivers, no scheming Reagor into even being a factor in this game. It's always the same story and it's very tiresome to continually have one side of the ball that is not professionally coached, does not play with attention to detail, poorly develops its talent and operates from a scheme that is miles behind the better offenses in the conference.

I had very little benefit of the doubt left to give Cumbie starting this season and that is well gone at this point.

I think that sums it up pretty well. I am still surprised at how little separation and how so little effort seems to be put out by our wide receivers. I am not sure if it is scheme or just coaching, but what ever it is, its just plain wrong.

y2kFrog

GP had said there was a personality issue on staff. Well, one of them could design for wins. I think the better choice in personality left.

Maybe the personality conflic
I agree completely. The offense came to life under Collins last year until he tore up his hand. I still don't understand why he was continuing to play after that injury. How could he hold and throw the ball if he couldn't grip it, still baffles me.

That was like 2 series.

AroundWorldFrog

All goes back to 2013 when Lincoln Riley was begging for an OC job. And we hire Meach and Cumbie. Instead of the best offensive mind in college football.

y2kFrog

And Meach was at the OSU game in 2015 when he had Kyle Hicks run the same DAMN play twice. It did not work then. It did not work now. It has never worked. It will never work.

But sure, bring back Meach and let's go through 2015 all over again. Come on! Either clean house or let it be.What is next? Bring back Pat Sullivan as co-OC?

I think that was 2016, because 2015 was a really good offense.