• The KillerFrogs

BU V TCU Game Thread

Brog

I thought that was odd too, but they scored on about 95% of their possessions in those last few minutes so the lineup they had out there was working for them.

95% of their possessions? Did they have 20 possessions in those last few minutes? Scored on 19 of the 20? That's 95%.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
We played a huge role in letting them come back, particularly missed FTs and a couple legit bad fouls. But for the love of God man, it sure seemed like in the last ten minutes, the refs were playing right into the BU "let's make this a game" screenplay. When all you do is keep your chest in front of a driving guard, with hands straight up, getting forearm-and-shoulder-shoved backwards and somehow the call is on YOU... that's poor officiating that allows NO reasonable way to guard a driving player one-on-one.

Purp

We played a huge role in letting them come back, particularly missed FTs and a couple legit bad fouls. But for the love of God man, it sure seemed like in the last ten minutes, the refs were playing right into the BU "let's make this a game" screenplay. When all you do is keep your chest in front of a driving guard, with hands straight up, getting forearm-and-shoulder-shoved backwards and somehow the call is on YOU... that's poor officiating that allows NO reasonable way to guard a driving player one-on-one.
My favorite was the charge called on Bane when he was standing flat footed and statuesque outside the arc and the Baylor kid nearly jumped over him. I jumped up at the whistle to celebrate the obvious charge and the ref did his little twerk move to signify a black call and I nearly threw my toddler. That was one of several that, even after watching the DVR again at home, I can't figure out what in the world the ref saw.

I think your point is well taken that our defense changed quite a bit to accommodate some of those previous decisions, but it shouldn't have and that's our fault. We had a lot of lazy and careless fouls mixed in there too and that's totally on us.

CountryFrog

My favorite was the charge called on Bane when he was standing flat footed and statuesque outside the arc and the Baylor kid nearly jumped over him. I jumped up at the whistle to celebrate the obvious charge and the ref did his little twerk move to signify a black call and I nearly threw my toddler. That was one of several that, even after watching the DVR again at home, I can't figure out what in the world the ref saw.

I think your point is well taken that our defense changed quite a bit to accommodate some of those previous decisions, but it shouldn't have and that's our fault. We had a lot of lazy and careless fouls mixed in there too and that's totally on us.
I was going to like this until I realized you only ALMOST threw your toddler. Real fans throw whatever they are holding no matter what when they're upset.

Those were absolutely chicken-scheiße calls