• The KillerFrogs

Bram Kohlhausen and Max Duggan

Outback Frog

Just got through reading the book Remember the Alamo Bowl by Jim Reeves, which as everyone knows is about the miraculous come from behind victory over Oregon. I recently bought the book at the TCU bookstore and highly recommend it. Great stocking stuffer gift as well, as it is a short 143-page paperback. Anyway, I couldn't help but think of the similarities of Bram and Max in the ways they led TCU comebacks. Bram's career, of course, was much shorter. The only other TCU game Bram saw a lot of action was when he came off the bench to nearly beat OU in Norman, after the Frogs trailed by double digits late in the second half. His two-point pass attempt for the win was incomplete. Both Bram and Max were/are tremendous competitors and were/are loved and respected by teammates. They both overcame a lot of personal setbacks in their life in having a memorable senior year. Anyway, with the roller coaster last two days, it was a fun book to read and just think about the possibility of what lies ahead later this month. Great to be a Horned Frog!

SwissArmyFrog

To me, Outback was just saying that when you compare their time on the field (after first noting Bram's very limited playing time), competitive fire and comebacks are 2 qualities they both exhibited very well (though Bram's vs. OU fell short).

I recommend the book as well, btw. A friend gave one to me, and it was a very quick and interesting read!

tcudoc

Love Bram, love what he did, but comparing a career backup with one good game (really, one good half) to what Max Duggan has done is borderline insulting.
I disagree. Both are TCU heroes. Max for an entire career but mostly one season. Bram's heroic efforts just happened to all be compressed into one game, but it was a miraculous come from behind victory for the ages. I also love that Bram came to the defense of Max in the nasty LOL tweet from Caleb Williams.