• The KillerFrogs

Bowls Thread

Mean Purple

Lol. On a group text with buddies and I pointed this out earlier He's intentionally given himself a receding hairline by clipping the front with a 2 guard.

He's going for a very Lennox Lewis/Stevie Wonder look.
He has to compete with that horrible comb over his coach is sporting.

OICU812

Georgia will beat Bama

Don't be too sure. I know the final score was big, but look at how many times OU shut down Georgia's offense in that game, and I doubt if they have a single DL or LB who would start for Bama. On the flip side, I think Georgia plays 3 down linemen on defense, and I'd expect the elephant run game to wear them down. All this is assuming both teams have everybody healthy, which is a big if for Bama.

netty2424

Every team does have a shot though. Every team that Alabama got in ahead of lost TWICE. They shouldn't have done that if they wanted to win it all. Alabama didn't get any more help getting in than anyone else did.

Whether a playoff is 2, 4, 8, 16 or 32 teams, there are always going to be teams that are left out that you could say were not given a shot.
Wex that's ridiculous. That's like saying if there's one 1 loss team, they automatically win NC because the two loss teams "shouldn't have done that."

This is supposed to be a tournament, which gives teams opportunity. Seeding rewards the teams with less losses.

And to the point of expansion, the great 2014 debate is the perfect example. I believe if we got in we win. But if we got in, tOSU doesn't. As a result, they were given an opportunity. They capitalized.

Chico Dusty

Don't be too sure. I know the final score was big, but look at how many times OU shut down Georgia's offense in that game, and I doubt if they have a single DL or LB who would start for Bama. On the flip side, I think Georgia plays 3 down linemen on defense, and I'd expect the elephant run game to wear them down. All this is assuming both teams have everybody healthy, which is a big if for Bama.

I’m not saying this based on this game alone. I watched most of UGA’s games and a lot of the big matchups games in the SEC. And what team doesn’t get some stops in a game? Of course UGA wasn’t going to score on most possessions. But they did have a a very strong offensive performance. I thinks it’s going to be a tough game, but I think GA has the better team. And playing in the Benz dome in Atlanta doesn’t hurt.

Wexahu

I’m not saying this based on this game alone. I watched most of UGA’s games and a lot of the big matchups games in the SEC. And what team doesn’t get some stops in a game? Of course UGA wasn’t going to score on most possessions. But they did have a a very strong offensive performance. I thinks it’s going to be a tough game, but I think GA has the better team. And playing in the Benz dome in Atlanta doesn’t hurt.

I think Georgia is going to have a really hard time generating any offense at all. Just have a feeling it’s gonna be a very similar outcome as the Bama-Clemson game.

Chongo94

Anybody find out for sure what happened with Mayfield on the post game locker room?

Saw an account that did a news headline about it while @ Brett McMurphy in the headline. It was a parody account though but found it interesting. Haven't seen any screenshots of anything though. May be a bunch of nothing.

Chico Dusty

I think Georgia is going to have a really hard time generating any offense at all. Just have a feeling it’s gonna be a very similar outcome as the Bama-Clemson game.

Not sure how you came to that conclusion, but we will find out soon... just like ppl on the board said OU will stack the box on UGA and shut down their run game.

Wexahu

Not sure how you came to that conclusion, but we will find out soon... just like ppl on the board said OU will stack the box on UGA and shut down their run game.

Yes, anything can happen of course, but I think Bama can neutralize their running game much better than OU could without stacking the box so much. And then the passes won’t be there as easily. Fromm is gonna need to make a lot of plays for them and I’m not sure he’s capable yet.

OICU812

OU did do just that for a lot of the game. Those stud RBs from Georgia who ran through OU tacklers won't be doing that to the elephants. I'm thinking back to last year's NC game- Clemson had the perfect (only?) recipe to beat Bama, and they barely pulled it off, with better talent than what Georgia looks to have. And I get the impression that Bama is deeper this year so not as susceptible to "90 plays" even if Georgia could play that tempo- Which they won't. Should be a great contest of wills- I don't mind seeing a defensive game.

Chico Dusty

Yes, anything can happen of course, but I think Bama can neutralize their running game much better than OU could without stacking the box so much. And then the passes won’t be there as easily. Fromm is gonna need to make a lot of plays for them and I’m not sure he’s capable yet.

I hear ya - Bama can definitely neutralize the run attack better than OU. I just still think GA will get some points. And Bama’s offense is not incrediblely explosive, so I don’t think they will be able to hang a big # on GA’s defense. I think it’s pretty evenly matched. Let’s hope for a good game!

LisaLT

Saw an account that did a news headline about it while @ Brett McMurphy in the headline. It was a parody account though but found it interesting. Haven't seen any screenshots of anything though. May be a bunch of nothing.
I saw a screen shot on Facebook but I also saw comments saying it was not verified.

However, I could totally see Baker going off in the locker room though after that loss.

LisaLT

Rules are you have to post a pic! Can't remember exactly how the rules get there though. Rules are if mentioning someone of the opposite sex in certain vocabulary, picture is warranted.

I may be way off but I think the rules are something to that effect.
Ok but since I was asleep I can't take a picture ;) lol

I could post a pic of baker crying at his post game press conference. That was funny. Someone should make a meme of that!

jack the frog

Bailed early on the thread and these points almost certainly made but Lincoln hurt them with the pooch kick at the end of the first half. Also, Georgia was able to do what no one else in the Big 12 was able to do and we were unable to do twice. If you can squeeze Baker he can fold on you. That will be a nasty habit for Baker come the NFL.