• The KillerFrogs

Bowls B12 Rules

An-Cap Frog

Whenever I hear the word sugar, I picture a lady from a pancake house.

"Hey Sugar, what can I get you for breakfast?"

diner dancing GIF by Justin Timberlake

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The Sugar Bowl technically could pick Texas. If CDC is already saying no already, I’m guessing that means he must be hearing things behind the scenes from Sugar Bowl officials.
Well, he didn't actually finish the answer...

Eight

Exactly

B12 truly stunning lack of foresight when they didn’t consider this possibility in a round robin league and write into the rules that if this scenario occurred, no title game is required and the team whose record can’t be surpassed in any way (H2H, conference or overall) is the automatic champion

don't think tv networks negotiate for the broadcast rights of games that may or may not happen and other conferences also have had rematch games

Rabidfrog

It sucks but if we lose, we aren’t the B12 champs and we are out of the CFP

No CFP team means K-State goes to Sugar Bowl as B12 champ

It’s insane that we can lose so much on one game we shouldn’t even have to play since K-state can’t have a better head to head, conference or overall record against us even if they win this game
what the lust for money can cause.

East Coast

Tier 1
Exactly

B12 truly stunning lack of foresight when they didn’t consider this possibility in a round robin league and write into the rules that if this scenario occurred, no title game is required and the team whose record can’t be surpassed in any way (H2H, conference or overall) is the automatic champion
You can't set up a conference title game with a maybe/maybe not scenario, unless you play it at a school's stadium and sign NO TV Deal. No network is going to take a chance on a big hole in their schedule during the championship week. It just doesn't make any sense.

Sugar Bowl uses either the Big 12 champ or uses the Big 12 standings to replace them.

So either TCU is in the playoff and KSU goes
Or TCU loses to KSU and Big 12 Champ KSU goes.

SEC does it differently and uses highest CFP ranking of remaining options after the Champ. So if LSU wins they go and if they don't we assume UGA is still playoff bound and highest ranked of Bama/Vols goes which is probably bama.

TCUdirtbag

I'm assuming Tennessee is the opponent for KSU and Bama plays Clemson.
A bad assumption. Sugar contractually gets the highest *ranked* SEC team. With an LSU L that’s going to be Alabama (Committee considers injuries in rankings and it’s almost certain the QB injury will knock them below Bama) with an LSU W, it’s LSU. Orange will get the *next* highest ranked SEC school — likely Tennessee unless LSU wins the SEC and bumps Bama to the Orange.

Froggy Bottom

Oh
You can't set up a conference title game with a maybe/maybe not scenario, unless you play it at a school's stadium and sign NO TV Deal. No network is going to take a chance on a big hole in their schedule during the championship week. It just doesn't make any sense.
Oh I get it

I’m just saying it floors me that we even have to play a title game that risks everything for us when the outcome can never result in our opponent having a better head to head, conference or overall record than us even if they win.

Latest posts