• The KillerFrogs

Bowl Games and College Football Playoffs?

vicarfrog

Not sure how, but ok.

There's been one undefeated G5 team in the playoff era. They finished #6 in the final ranking, #7 in the coaches poll. They barely cracked the Top 10 when the regular season was over.

Sorry, I should clarify and define what I mean. The big bowls are, in my opinion, more accessible than they were when we were in the MWC. We basically had to run the table to be considered. But that's just my opinion.

Wexahu

Sorry, I should clarify and define what I mean. The big bowls are, in my opinion, more accessible than they were when we were in the MWC. We basically had to run the table to be considered. But that's just my opinion.

Oh ok, got it. For sure that is correct. I think in reality the divide between the P5's (which wasn't even a term in the BCS era) and the G5's is wider than ever, and outside of the basically automatic bid into a NY6 bowl, mid-majors were given a lot more respect nationally before the CFP era.

NORMLFROG

LOL! :)

I have to laugh. I am a legacy Horned Frog. Raised on it since I was a little boy and watched ALOT of bad seasons with my dad. My family DESPISED A&M; more so than Texas. So I was raised the same way. Long story short, I ended up going to A&M out of necessity for my degree, and I ended up coming to respect the university. I've met some aggie jerks, but to be fair, I've met some TCU jerks as well. It's a very fine line I walk in my household. But love finds a way. I cheer for both, but if they ever lined up against each other, my loyalties have to sway towards TCU...it's just in my blood.
Love finds a way? Just what the world needs...another weak arse cleric! How about some backbone? Nicholas punched the F out of that heretic Arius! Now THAT'S backbone!

NF

vicarfrog

Oh ok, got it. For sure that is correct. I think in reality the divide between the P5's (which wasn't even a term in the BCS era) and the G5's is wider than ever, and outside of the basically automatic bid into a NY6 bowl, mid-majors were given a lot more respect nationally before the CFP era.

I agree with you 100%. It seems like they only get ranked high enough to qualify for an NY6. You ever get the feeling that it's like the BCS just put on the costume of "play-offs," but it's really just 2nd verse same as the 1st?

PhillyFrog

I look forward to the Pandemic Bowl.

One team has to play with no masks and no PPE. Other side has to play in bubble suits with N-95's.

All players are tested after each play, and the game can only resume once the tests are returned.

By my math:
Screenshot-2020-08-19-Rydberg-formula-Wikipedia.png
a New Year's day start date would run to Easter.

[Ed. Note: The above does not take into account quantum portal effects]

Do none here recognize the Rydberg constant?

MHFSA!