• The KillerFrogs

Bowl Games and College Football Playoffs?

PhillyFrog

I look forward to the Pandemic Bowl.

One team has to play with no masks and no PPE. Other side has to play in bubble suits with N-95's.

All players are tested after each play, and the game can only resume once the tests are returned.

By my math:
Screenshot-2020-08-19-Rydberg-formula-Wikipedia.png
a New Year's day start date would run to Easter.

[Ed. Note: The above does not take into account quantum portal effects]

Zubaz

Rose Bowl is a semi this year, so normal bowl affiliations don't count.

Assuming we actually get to the end of the season, I would guess that we have at least a CFP. Maybe the NY6, with some at-large spots filling in for the Big10 and Pac-12 champs. I'd be very surprised if we have anything beyond that.

vicarfrog

As far as I know, they are still planning a championship. On WNSP 105.5 Bill Hancock said, "The conferences, whoever decides to play, can get together and do what they need to do. Right now, we're hoping for a CFP. We're certainly planning for a championship game in Miami."

But I have a ton of questions:
Will we have bowl games?
Because of reduced seasons will teams be welcomed at bowl games with respectable losing seasons?
Is CFP obligated to Big10 & PAC16 in any way that could create legal headaches?

This is like a really fun soap opera. Stay tuned!

vicarfrog

It means your sacred grass is full of lies....

giphy.gif
LOL! :)

I have to laugh. I am a legacy Horned Frog. Raised on it since I was a little boy and watched ALOT of bad seasons with my dad. My family DESPISED A&M; more so than Texas. So I was raised the same way. Long story short, I ended up going to A&M out of necessity for my degree, and I ended up coming to respect the university. I've met some aggie jerks, but to be fair, I've met some TCU jerks as well. It's a very fine line I walk in my household. But love finds a way. I cheer for both, but if they ever lined up against each other, my loyalties have to sway towards TCU...it's just in my blood.

Spike

I look forward to the Pandemic Bowl.

One team has to play with no masks and no PPE. Other side has to play in bubble suits with N-95's.

All players are tested after each play, and the game can only resume once the tests are returned.

By my math:
Screenshot-2020-08-19-Rydberg-formula-Wikipedia.png
a New Year's day start date would run to Easter.

[Ed. Note: The above does not take into account quantum portal effects]

You failed to account for instant replays.

vicarfrog

And the ultimate winner from among the four will justify and vindicate the Gang of 13's selection of that particular team as one of the best four in the nation...like Ohio State, 2014....

It makes me wonder what they'll do with G-5 teams. Status quo or is this the year they get a bit more love? That being said, they're getting way more love than we ever did under the BCS era.

Zubaz

It makes me wonder what they'll do with G-5 teams. Status quo or is this the year they get a bit more love? That being said, they're getting way more love than we ever did under the BCS era.
It's P3 and G3 this year (so far). MAC and MWC already cancelled their season. Will be interesting to see if that auto-bid stays in force for the non-power conferences.

Wexahu

That being said, they're getting way more love than we ever did under the BCS era.

Not sure how, but ok.

There's been one undefeated G5 team in the playoff era. They finished #6 in the final ranking, #7 in the coaches poll. They barely cracked the Top 10 when the regular season was over.