• The KillerFrogs

Bowl Game

It doesn't matter if we beat Oklahoma, we will not even get a top 6 bowl. We had to win out or be left out. Even if we win the Big 12 Championship game it will take a miracle for us to be playing in a Nyr's 6 bowl game.

asleep003

No troll here. Just don't trust the committee.

No one trusts the Committee.... but we win, we're NY6 in !

Now the committee ... every year, only has had 1 member associated with the B12.
1/2 represents a member with dual affiliations(present and/or past) to Conferences.

2017 selection committee
ACC .......... 2
SEC .......... 3
B10 .......... 2 1/2
P12 .......... 2 1/2
B12 .......... 1
others ..... 2

Interested to know the process on how and who selects the selection committee...

Last edited:

Virginia Frog

No one trusts the Committee.... but we win, we're NY6 in !

Now the committee ... every year, only has had 1 member associated with the B12.
1/2 represents a member with dual affiliations(present and/or past) to Conferences.

2017 selection committee
ACC .......... 2
SEC .......... 3
B10 .......... 2 1/2
P12 .......... 2 1/2
B12 .......... 1
others ..... 2

Interested to know the process on how and who selects the selection committee...
This morning (Monday 11/27) ESPN posts in their "College Football Bowl Projections" that OU will play Auburn in the Rose Bowl (Playoff) and TCU will play in the Cotton vs. Alabama or Penn State. (They assume we get the L on Sat afternoon.)

While not official in any way, this shows that somebody out there (of substance) thinks that a 10-3 TCU is a lock for a NY6 Bowl.

I think that a loss that is a "good loss" (tight game or low score) to OU ensures a CFP committee ranking of 11 or above and NY6 bid.

Yea, we want to win the B12, and we'll all hitch up our pants in tribute to GP to give him the magic that he can lead the fellas to an upset, but the consolation prize of the CB and the opportunity to tee it up with Bama or the State Penn would be a cherry-on-top moment for TCU!

MN Frog

I thought I read somewhere that the committee did not punish UNC for their loss to Clemson in the 2015 ACC championship game. I believe we were on the cusp of a NYE6 game. Reasoning was they didn't want the extra game to knock them out. I thought it was absurd at the time, however they established it as a baseline. Let's see if it holds true this year.

Rabidfrog

This morning (Monday 11/27) ESPN posts in their "College Football Bowl Projections" that OU will play Auburn in the Rose Bowl (Playoff) and TCU will play in the Cotton vs. Alabama or Penn State. (They assume we get the L on Sat afternoon.)
yes, hit don't get much better than TCU-Ala. or Penn. State in the Cotton.

While not official in any way, this shows that somebody out there (of substance) thinks that a 10-3 TCU is a lock for a NY6 Bowl.

I think that a loss that is a "good loss" (tight game or low score) to OU ensures a CFP committee ranking of 11 or above and NY6 bid.

Yea, we want to win the B12, and we'll all hitch up our pants in tribute to GP to give him the magic that he can lead the fellas to an upset, but the consolation prize of the CB and the opportunity to tee it up with Bama or the State Penn would be a cherry-on-top moment for TCU!