• The KillerFrogs

Boston Globe: Three teams to keep an eye on: Tennessee, Auburn, and TCU

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Boston Globe: Three teams to keep an eye on: Tennessee, Auburn, and TCU

By Joe Sullivan
GLOBE CORRESPONDENT

Launching a few college basketball thoughts from beyond the arc while wondering how odd Kentucky fans are since they are sending Twitter messages to Coach Cal’s daughter after the Wildcats lost to Seton Hall.

Thinking nationally

Three teams have recently captured my attention: Tennessee, Auburn, and TCU. Tennessee and Auburn look like potential Final Four teams and TCU is not far behind.

Tennessee has a great victory over Gonzaga Sunday. The Vols are 7-1, with the only loss coming to undefeated Kansas in overtime.

Read more at https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/...uggle-times/cYvPXIe9mIZf568pwXoEFJ/story.html

ThisIsOurTime

Time will tell. You determine good teams by how well they play in the close games. We will need to prove that we have improved in this area from the last couple of years. But I am hoping we do.

Frog-in-law1995

Time will tell. You determine good teams by how well they play in the close games. We will need to prove that we have improved in this area from the last couple of years. But I am hoping we do.

Don’t you judge good teams by how many games they win? 2014 UCONN women lost to Stanford by 2 in overtime and didn’t play another game with a single digit margin all season. They were pretty decent.

SuperTFrog

Don’t you judge good teams by how many games they win? 2014 UCONN women lost to Stanford by 2 in overtime and didn’t play another game with a single digit margin all season. They were pretty decent.
Bama’s football team has a bunch of holes in it. No games decided by 20 pts or less in the regular season.

TIOT, I understand what your saying but I think the elite teams are exceptions because they don’t play many close games.

ThisIsOurTime

I wouldn't use women's basketball for comparison because the level of competition is much lower. In addition, there aren't that many good teams that can force close games situations with other good teams to begin with. It is far more egalitarian in men's basketball. Again, just think about us last year and the year before. If we won all the close games we were in, would we not be considered a good team?