• The KillerFrogs

boise

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
QUOTE(West Coast Johnny @ Jun 3 2010, 12:41 PM) [snapback]567763[/snapback]
Losing a non-conference game is a bad thing, not a good. I hope the league stays with a 8 game schedule.

Play all nine. Man up! TCU wants to play BSU, BYU, and UU every year. Get through that schedule undefeated and you are so much closer to going to the NC game. GP is smart enough to recognize the landscape will have changed considerably and the luxury of an FCS game is no more.

What has hurt the PAC 10 lately is not their round-robin schedule so much as they were overrated.

I am sick of" play-it-safe arguments" in the name of Realpolitik, to continue to cheapen this game. Rather than resist eroding what is great about NCAA football, we're urged to go along. I say,screw Fla's and UT's example -- imitate OU's, and give fans games on our schedule worth seeing...and that's not FCS teams, and that's not skipping tough in-conference teams. I do not propose to invite BSU, only to let them skate in any given year and not have to face TCU, BYU and the Utes.

The bottom three teams that are dragging us down (God love 'em)only have two more years to catch fire...Sorry, but I don't see them willing to do what it takes, or pay what it costs to make that quick a turn-around. Having the other two BCS criteria made stronger by adding BSU, is our most realistic chance to shame the BCS into granting the waiver for the other one. Ducking playing them, just dilutes the main reason for bringing them in.

The latest six-teams-to- the- Pac rumor also makes having (and playing) BSU a good move. If you have to bemoan the toughness of that prospect, maybe you would be better served on the BF.com board, where they talk about readjusting goals downward from ever hoping to be in the NC game.

Endless Purple

I have gone to the 8 game schedule for several reasons.

1) we are more likely to drop a midlevel OOC game, not the low level game.

2) 4 OOC games gives the conference a better chance to show up other conferences.

3) Only missing one team every 8 years is not that big a deal, plus have 1 rivalry game (TCU/Boise would be good)

4) Bowl games! 9 games add 9 losses to the conferences overall record. Give the mid level teams a chance to add one more winnable game will help get more than half the conference bowl eligible. Winning OOC games is hopw conferences like the SEC, BE, Big 10, ACC, and Big 12 get more bowl eligible teams (notice I left out the Pac 10 who usually has trouble filling out their bowls) Though I realize no one compares how many bowl eligible teams were on their schedule at the end of the season.. :blink:

5) Once we start to only play MWC games, everyone in other conferences will find it easier to ignore the conference since they will not have a chance to play us. Games like Utah-Pitt, BYU-FlSt are great ways to get exposure when we win and I always expect the MWC to play to win.