• The KillerFrogs

Boise Coach

gdu

I'm not surprised in the least. He may well leave, but it wasn't gonna be for Stanford. There is a program I think he has his eye on.

Mike Brooks

Smart move if true. Stanford is a mid level program.
This kind of statement makes me laugh. We were a complete dirtbag until the early 80's. Sporadic success (less than Stanford) until Fran and GP showed up.

Stanford is a sleeping giant for the right coach. They have to sell the admin which is exactly what we had to do. Tougher sell there but still...

JH could have been that guy but wanted to follow his brother's path. Not sure Petersen wants to be the "fundraiser" / Head Coach. That is the biggest difference, IMO, between he and GP. GP can really work a room. I am sure Petersen has sales skills but there is a reason we are able to out spend Boise 2-3X.

SoonerBredCD

This kind of statement makes me laugh. We were a complete dirtbag until the early 80's. Sporadic success (less than Stanford) until Fran and GP showed up.

Stanford is a sleeping giant for the right coach. They have to sell the admin which is exactly what we had to do. Tougher sell there but still...

JH could have been that guy but wanted to follow his brother's path. Not sure Petersen wants to be the "fundraiser" / Head Coach. That is the biggest difference, IMO, between he and GP. GP can really work a room. I am sure Petersen has sales skills but there is a reason we are able to out spend Boise 2-3X.

Agreed. Stanford is a great football program, and probably the #1 overall athletic program in the nation.

If Stanford is merely a middle tier program, then logic says that's all TCU is. And you should be worried about keeping Patterson.