• The KillerFrogs

Bob Sturm is an idiot

FrogJAM

I think that is a good part of it on why some have moved on from 1310.

In the 90's, their format was novel and new. They took calls all thru their shows so the converstion was fresh and the caller had a big say in the show. It was fun. But probably the main part for me moving on from the Ticket, is how juevenile they sound to me now. I have matured and they haven't.

they are focused on demographics at 1310, and they're winning in the major demos (and dominating). So, yeah, as you move on 5 younger people start listening.

It's a cycle. There is no need for them to mature because it's working.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Just out of curiosity, what are generally considered the major demos?

I don't know if y'all hang out with a different crowd, but I'm 33 and they lost me a long time ago. I didn't realize immature kids were a sought-after demographic in radio advertising! :tongue:

That's tongue-in-cheek from a former RTVF Frog, BTW.

BABYFACE

Jam, I am 46 and 1310 lost me about 8 years ago. Tune in every once in a while to see what they are doing. As far as demographics go, when they lost me and to my age currently, I am smack in the thick of the demographic(25-54) and the part of the demographic that has the most buying power. 1310 may have the ratings but I am willing to wager the majority of their listeners are under the age of 35. That group has less buying power than those over 35. This fact is more important to advertisers.

angelo's frog

The Ticket is good for things like Community Quick Hits, E-news, Gordo's corner, Topic of the Day Wheel etc. Their strength is talking pop culture and current events. They are not nearly as good when they try to talk sports. That's why Bob and Dan suck, they try to talk sports too much. With the exception of Homer Call of the Week, their show is unlistenable. LIke Frog DJ said, it's not a sports talk station. When I want to hear sport talk, I listen to Galloway and Co. Randy knows 10x as much about sports as any of those guys.

I'm 27 and I find some of them hilarious. Some are just losers. And most of them know very little about sports.

Sadly, the only other options are ESPN and The Fan. The local guys on ESPN are good, and so is Newy, but they're equally frustrating for TCU fans.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I'm 27 and I find some of them hilarious. Some are just losers. And most of them know very little about sports.

Sadly, the only other options are ESPN and The Fan. The local guys on ESPN are good, and so is Newy, but they're equally frustrating for TCU fans.
See, 103.3 is good with me. I actually like Mike & Mike, and love Ben and Skin. Galloway is virtually a Frog homer nowadays, so Cowherd is really the only one I object to. And I respond by not listening to him. I gotta work at some point, right?

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Jam, I am 46 and 1310 lost me about 8 years ago. Tune in every once in a while to see what they are doing. As far as demographics go, when they lost me and to my age currently, I am smack in the thick of the demographic(25-54) and the part of the demographic that has the most buying power. 1310 may have the ratings but I am willing to wager the majority of their listeners are under the age of 35. That group has less buying power than those over 35. This fact is more important to advertisers.
Right.

IMO high-margin, high-paying advertisers, all other things equal, should covet 35+ rather than 18-35. Certain niche industries being the exception. I for one am in way better financial position to spend frivolously and/or go with higher-end products as I transition into the older demo. That goes for pretty much everyone I know.

Still listen to D & M, but like Gordo the best. Like Norm. Elf and Josh aren't bad. Then like listening to Greggo and Richie, and will switch over Galloway during commercials. Have given up on the Hardline as they are just stupid.