• The KillerFrogs

Board Pariah

PurplePainD

and now my topics and posts are being deleted. Here is how I was going to respond, before the topic was deleted.

He sent you a PRIVATE message. How you don't grasp what that means is beyond me. And the rest of us are the idiots???

I understand exactly what that means. He sent me a message individually, I believe that's where his expectation of privacy ended. Similar to me sending some random person on this board an email individually, I have no control over what that individual does with my email. Pull the stick out of your butt, and move on to another topic.

Don't you have a report to file with your boss, telling him how Purke isn't worth a high first round pick?

IronSkillet

Every thread with GDU is being deleted. My poll with him and his super cute UT shirts got deleted within a couple hours.

Yeah, that was an eye-opener. Not sure you should have posted pics of a board member without their consent though... Should have seen that deletion coming,

Pick one...pick 'em all...but please do something to find a remedy for whatever has your panties in a bunch.

You might be replying as the "Board Pariah"...but you're acting like the Board Va...well...you get the picture.

200.jpg
big_Vagisil01.jpg
Pamprin%20Maximum%20Strength%20All%20Day%20Menstrual%20Pain%20Relief%20Caplets%20-%2024%20Ea.jpg
pms-relief-life-flo.jpg
PMS.jpg
51EZY0DBAML._SL300_.jpg

froginaustin

Yeah, that was an eye-opener. Not sure you should have posted pics of a board member without their consent though... Should have seen that deletion coming,
GDU posted all sorts of pictures of himself on the internet, with his identity and location disclosed and without any sort of reservation of publication rights. I think GDU gave consent, whether he intended to or not.

Years ago someone on this board sent me a PM calling me names and making threats. I stuck that PM in the first post of a new thread, generating all sorts of complaints and lectures directed to me for doing so. But if I ever get another PM that was as funny as that one was, I'll likely post it as fast as I can type.

If people want privacy, they have to ask for privacy before the fact. Or be in a situation where an expectation of privacy is explicit-- talking to a spiritual advisor, a business advisor, a lawyer, etc. Or better yet, keep things that are private, private.

froginaustin

Among other things, someone found GDU's very public web site. It is/was loaded with pictures of GDU and his family in UTx gear, and it was loaded with personal information about GDU. A vanity site.

This sort of flew into the teeth of GDU's proclamations of TCU fandom, and he was teased just a little bit on this board.

IronSkillet

well I honestly had no idea he was that flippant with his personal life on the internet.

But honestly, if I was a mod I think I would have had to delete that thread on principle too.

PurplePainD

I never said that. You're not very good at this.
You're right. I usually just give my opinions and then state the logic that led me to those conclusions; therefore, hoping to encourage discussion that I can learn from by understanding other people's perspectives on a certain topic.
Its probably best if I just emulate you and make bland one liners inferring my omniscient knowledge.

First try - "You are wrong"

FROGDADDY

You're right. I usually just give my opinions and then state the logic that led me to those conclusions; therefore, hoping to encourage discussion that I can learn from by understanding other people's perspectives on a certain topic.
Its probably best if I just emulate you and make bland one liners inferring my
omniscient knowledge.

First try - "You are wrong"
If I felt like YOU deserved an explanation I would have given you one. At the end of the day whether or not you agree with/believe what I said means absolutely nothing to me. Let that last sentence serve as the logic that led me not to give you an explanation. Feel free to discuss, I'm done.

PurplePainD

If I felt like YOU deserved an explanation I would have given you one. At the end of the day whether or not you agree with/believe what I said means absolutely nothing to me. Let that last sentence serve as the logic that led me not to give you an explanation. Feel free to discuss, I'm done.

Stiff Arm Frog

Among other things, someone found GDU's very public web site. It is/was loaded with pictures of GDU and his family in UTx gear, and it was loaded with personal information about GDU. A vanity site.

This sort of flew into the teeth of GDU's proclamations of TCU fandom, and he was teased just a little bit on this board.

I don't suppose you could post that link, could you?

Or maybe the link to the old thread?

:ph34r:

steelfrog

Tier 1
Steel sees no issue with this practice. Of posting PMs, that is. As has been said, there is no rule re: this and there can be no expectation of privacy in such matters, especially in an adversartial situation.

The real issue is that someone shows their a*ss, expecting to show it only to one person, and then they get outed in front of the group, and they gets mad. That's a big problem with the internet--the expectation of ANONYMITY (NOT Privacy) allows people to write things that they wouldn't othgerwise write.

So, allowing the posting of PMs actually serves the purpose of promoting civility.