• The KillerFrogs

Board approves AGCS expansion, other capital projects

LeagueCityFrog

Maybe it’ll get replaced in the video board shuffle? IIRC the current NEZ screen goes to Lupton. Can the Lupton board go to SEZ?
Baseball's current Jumbotron is going to women's soccer. They should just get rid of the southeast AGCS Jumbotron and open up the view from the Stadium Club section at the basketball stadium is my suggestion. Maybe one day do a south end zone Jumbotron like the one Arkansas was building this year in their north end zone. Non priority right now.

netty2424

Baseball's current Jumbotron is going to women's soccer. They should just get rid of the southeast AGCS Jumbotron and open up the view from the Stadium Club section at the basketball stadium is my suggestion. Maybe one day do a south end zone Jumbotron like the one Arkansas was building this year in their north end zone. Non priority right now.
I don't get why it's a non-priority. There's an entire end of the stadium who can't see replays.

I sit sit lower bowl northwest corner and I'm just out of site of the north screen so I can't see anything that goes on. The south screen is literally so small you can't see anything from the opposite end.

This can be added to my bragging montage, but I have 20/20 vision and I still can't see anything.

tcumaniac

I have found the best way to increase TCU fandom is to get non TCU folks interested in becoming TCU ticket holders. I have a ton of folks that have come to games using my tickets that I bought and then became TCU fans. They now have season tickets.

That is great, but let's not play dumb and ignore a big problem. There's a big difference between having a few extra seats that you allow friends to use and simply hoarding seats just to have them.

I personally know more than a handful of people that have club seats and then have 10 or more seats elsewhere in the stadium (most on them are seats in the lower East Side 200s) that are sold on stub hub every week. They're not making a profit on these seats, but they get close to making their money back every season, and are essentially getting an extra 10 or more free priority points every season.

These are seats our season tickets holders should be sitting in every week... not stubhub buyers.

People give the +4 a hard time, but the biggest disaster and darn up on TCU's part was not counting club seats towards someone's total ticket allotment.

ShinerFrog

Tailgating Command Unit
Not getting my hopes up that better seats will all of a sudden open up.

If someone can afford to to pay for the new club/east side suites, they can afford to go ahead and keep their current season tickets too. If I had that kind of disposable income and already had really good chair back seats on the east side (or west side), why not just go ahead and keep them for friends, clients, or StubHub? And it's not like TCU will be discouraging this, because they want to maximize the amount of season tickets sold... not maximize the amount of TCU fans in our best seats.

Same thing already happens with our current club seat and suite owners. They also own a lot of our better seats throughout the stadium just for the sake of owning them. These seats either go unused, given away to friends or clients, or sold on StubHub.

I don't disagree with the economics of it, but I sure wish our best seats were distributed to season ticket holders that actually used them, instead of allowing the extremely elite to unnecessarily control a majority of them.

I am hoping those westsiders that buy into the Eastside club will either voluntarily give up their seats, or TCU will require them to (which I know will not happen) to open some west side seats up for relocation.

Unfortunately what I believe will happen is they will all keep those seats and put them for sale to the open market on per game basis to recovers those seats prices and offset some of the club costs.

Yes, still bitter about the reseating.

My opinion.....flame away....

sf

cdsfrog

I am hoping those westsiders that buy into the Eastside club will either voluntarily give up their seats, or TCU will require them to (which I know will not happen) to open some west side seats up for relocation.

Unfortunately what I believe will happen is they will all keep those seats and put them for sale to the open market on per game basis to recovers those seats prices and offset some of the club costs.

Yes, still bitter about the reseating.

My opinion.....flame away....

sf

Can't say I blame you. But long as they don't get to add seats they have to let go for the 90% they hold of the lower bowl. Maybe we fill it up.

TCUdirtbag

Thanks for the update YA. Interesting about proceeding with the NEZ video board with the NEZ facility still up in the air. Would seem to me they need to have the latter decision made prior to putting up the new board, no?

I have no doubt CDC will make sure the project is done the right way - from funding and allocation to seats to use of space and especially appearance.

Look forward to seeing the renderings.

YA

Thanks for the update YA. Interesting about proceeding with the NEZ video board with the NEZ facility still up in the air. Would seem to me they need to have the latter decision made prior to putting up the new board, no?

I have no doubt CDC will make sure the project is done the right way - from funding and allocation to seats to use of space and especially appearance.

Look forward to seeing the renderings.
The club decision will be made in the next few weeks so no worries

TCUdirtbag

The club decision will be made in the next few weeks so no worries

Nice. I know this has been in discussions for a couple years, but they’ve really moved pretty quick on this whole project. Must be some people stepping up quickly. The front end work on these projects is no joke - market analysis, architect and engineering fees etc. Doesn’t get done cheap.

HFrog12

I know they won't, but they should approach those season ticket holders that Maniac talks about and ask them to relinquish seats they don't use. I am sure it would be a pain to mine through that data. I now get an email after every game that my tickets get used which says something like, "Thank you for attending!". The only game I could not find anyone to use my tickets (I almost always get them in someone's hands if I can't attend) I never got that email. So I know that data is there, along with what goes through stubhub.

I also see it from the mindset of, 'they bought the tickets so it is their right to do what they please with them.' Ticket holders do hold that right. They paid a pretty penny so I am not as radical as some on this site. That being said, there ought to be a way for people in the 400s, who give 1K - 5K per year, to move up during a 5 year span. But to Maniac's point, there 10+ seat hoarders who never intend to sit in them. So if that is the case then there ought to be a way to identify that and swap somehow.

I have 4 seats in the stadium so I am just happy to have season tickets and solid parking. But I know people who through season tickets, parking, other sports, and other donations have given around 6K/year since the renovation. That's about a 30K investment to not be able to upgrade once. I see it from both sides, don't know how to solve it, and am far from the smartest person in the room, but that just seems like a flawed system for a dedicated fan.

Frogenstein

I know they won't, but they should approach those season ticket holders that Maniac talks about and ask them to relinquish seats they don't use.
Del Conte did just that before the reseating. It didn’t go over well. Those seat holders had been buying a large amount of tickets for years at a time they couldn’t give them away. Their opinion was it wasn’t fair to take the tickets away from them now that they are desireable. Agree with them or not they have a point.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Del Conte did just that before the reseating. It didn’t go over well. Those seat holders had been buying a large amount of tickets for years at a time they couldn’t give them away. Their opinion was it wasn’t fair to take the tickets away from them now that they are desireable. Agree with them or not they have a point.

Relinquish? No.
The data shows which are sold 50% or more to stubhub then re-assign those tickets to the upper deck corners & move everyone else already up there closer to the lower west bowl. This could even be extrapolated to show season tickets personally sold or given away to opposing fans with that 360 degree mega pixel camera they love. Again, giveaway or personally sell your season tickets to opposing fans more than 50% of the time? Ok, your next season ticket is now up in the upper deck corner for them to giveaway or sell to opposing fans & all those other TCU fans are moved closer to the west side lower bowl. Lather rinse repeat until the lower bowl is purple and the mega ticket buyers still have their tickets but the excess they sell or give away are now in the upper deck corners.

Grenade, anyone?

Deep Purple

Not getting my hopes up that better seats will all of a sudden open up.

If someone can afford to to pay for the new club/east side suites, they can afford to go ahead and keep their current season tickets too. If I had that kind of disposable income and already had really good chair back seats on the east side (or west side), why not just go ahead and keep them for friends, clients, or StubHub? And it's not like TCU will be discouraging this, because they want to maximize the amount of season tickets sold... not maximize the amount of TCU fans in our best seats.

Same thing already happens with our current club seat and suite owners. They also own a lot of our better seats throughout the stadium just for the sake of owning them. These seats either go unused, given away to friends or clients, or sold on StubHub.

I don't disagree with the economics of it, but I sure wish our best seats were distributed to season ticket holders that actually used them, instead of allowing the extremely elite to unnecessarily control a majority of them.
elnb.gif

Deep Purple

That is great, but let's not play dumb and ignore a big problem. There's a big difference between having a few extra seats that you allow friends to use and simply hoarding seats just to have them.

I personally know more than a handful of people that have club seats and then have 10 or more seats elsewhere in the stadium (most on them are seats in the lower East Side 200s) that are sold on stub hub every week. They're not making a profit on these seats, but they get close to making their money back every season, and are essentially getting an extra 10 or more free priority points every season.

These are seats our season tickets holders should be sitting in every week... not stubhub buyers.

People give the +4 a hard time, but the biggest disaster and darn up on TCU's part was not counting club seats towards someone's total ticket allotment.
bbb1.gif