• The KillerFrogs

Blue hair with videos

jckilman

Although I have been religiously reading the forum since the days of "Tired of Frank," I have only recently registered and replied to a thread or two. I have attended all home football games since 1981 and missed very few since undergraduate days. I was there the last time we beat A&M and the last time we beat the University of Texas at Arrogance in Austin. My father was the pharmacist at the TCU Drug in the 30's and I have a letter (framed) from Sam Baugh saying he remembers (remembered) my father. That sort of thing. I'm quite purple.

What's on my mind is that I have video-recorded every TCU football game that's been on TV since I got my first VCR in 1985. I have kept copies of only the games we won, so there not so many before 1998. I even have a recording of that 1998 win over Air Force (not on TV? Oh, yes it was--taped and replayed on a local cable channel that I stumbled across; audio is the TCU radio broadcast). Will I share? Yes, quite willing to if can without getting myself or anyone else in trouble.

What else? Lots really. But for now, any of you over-sixties out there play tennis? I play with some other blue-hairs every MWF morning at the indoor TCU courts. Always looking for new folk (experienced hackers).

FrogAbroad

If these can be converted to DVD format I'd certainly be willing to cover the cost for personal since-I-was-out-of-the-country-and-couldn't-be-there-to-see-them-in-person copies.

jckilman

Sure. Before the 2009 season I got a VCR to DVD recorder. Many of the earlier ones I taped at slow speed, so the quality is not great. What I frequently did for the home games was set the thing to record. When I got home, I would re-record them on a second VCR, cutting out the commercials. I have already moved some from tape to DVD.

Man, I've got a bunch of stuff. Any body want to see Killingsworth's last year with the team wearing those short shorts and running the match-up zone? About ten of those games were on TV, and...

Frog-in-law1995

If you've got any basketball from 81-84, particularly the old HSE channel broadcasts with Norm Hitzges interviewing players post-game, I'd love to see them.

FrogAbroad

PM or email me with details of football games you have. I probably can't pony up for 100% of your collection, but I'm reasonably certain I can manage some.