• The KillerFrogs

BlessYouBoys.com: TCU commit Tyler Collins excited to be drafted by Tigers

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
collins_medium.jpg

BlessYouBoys.com: TCU commit Tyler Collins excited to be drafted by Tigers

by Kurt Mensching

Tyler Collins has never spent much time outside the southern United States, but he hopes to be calling Connecticut "home" soon -- at least for a couple of months. The 21-year-old native of Trophy Club, Texas, in the Dallas-Fort Worth area was drafted as an outfielder by the Detroit Tigers in the sixth round of the 2011 MLB First-Year Player Draft last week and may soon be headed north. ...

"I haven't really made a decision yet," Collins said. "TCU is a great place. (Frogs coach) Jim Schlosshnagle is doing a heck of a job right now. At the same time, pro ball and Major League Baseball has always been my dream. I guess it will just depend. I haven't made that decision yet. It will probably come down to the end of the summer." ...

SoonerFrogs

Collins is absolutely destroying the baseball in summer ball. He leads the league in HR, average, and probably some other stuff. He also played at Baylor his freshman year, killed the ball there too.

Edit: leads TCL in HR, RBI, avg, hits, tied for lead in triples, 3rd in doubles.

BombersCopperheadsJun01191-M.jpg