• The KillerFrogs

BIG Medical school announcement coming!

Brog

Thursday afternoon, Feb. 24, there's to be a BIG announcement concerning the TCU school of Medicine. It's to be there on Rosedale at those lots someone says we have purchased. Chancellor Boschini and Fort Worth Mayor Parker will be there for the occasion. So, has one of you given the necessary $50 million or so to build the new building there? Let us know.

Big Frog II

Thursday afternoon, Feb. 24, there's to be a BIG announcement concerning the TCU school of Medicine. It's to be there on Rosedale at those lots someone says we have purchased. Chancellor Boschini and Fort Worth Mayor Parker will be there for the occasion. So, has one of you given the necessary $50 million or so to build the new building there? Let us know.
You can eliminate me. I will though buy them a beaker or two.

Frozen Frog

I could see this being partially funded with public money. Also given TCU's endowment it isn't out of the question that the school decided to use some of it. That isn't to say there isn't a major lead gift, but TCU knows if the Big 12 fails what is needed to keep the athletics money flowing.

Palliative Care

First they took it over totally thus making it a private not state supported school last fall. Now they will announce that they are building the school down in the medical district and it will be supported by with private donations.

Deep Purple

First they took it over totally thus making it a private not state supported school last fall. Now they will announce that they are building the school down in the medical district and it will be supported by with private donations.
It was completely private even when UNTHSC was involved — no public dollars at all.

TCUdirtbag

I could see this being partially funded with public money. Also given TCU's endowment it isn't out of the question that the school decided to use some of it. That isn't to say there isn't a major lead gift, but TCU knows if the Big 12 fails what is needed to keep the athletics money flowing.
lol wut

TCUdirtbag

Ha! Where is the exact location? Address. Footprint.

This is very exciting stuff!

NE corner of Rosedale and Henderson. South of Trimble Tech.

TCU has been swiping up lots and now owns all of two blocks bounded by Rosedale, Henderson, Dashwood, and Washington (with Adams as the through street). The school has also purchased a large lot one block to the East (bounded by Rosedale, Washington, Dashwood, and College). If you want to know a bit about how TCU hides what they own - they bought these through a generically-named LLC and used the personal home address of an attorney in Austin whose firm also has a Fort Worth location. You have to look to TCU's last 990 to make the full connection. This isn't unusual, but it is comical.

82-C8824-F-D54-E-4874-9-A9-D-9-F8-C27-FA40-D9.jpg

Very interested to see what the facility plans are (both immediate term and long term). Honestly, med schools don't take up that much room when they aren't attached to their own hospital (TCU has no plans for that - hence building across from Harris, between Baylor and JPS, and near Cooks). TCU's class size is 60 students, so they're looking at 240 at full enrollment.

Complete speculation here: The fact we've poached a couple decent-sized city blocks with another-in-process tells me we may have other significant medium to long-term ambitions in the medical/healthcare space that we might need land to accommodate. Interesting given UNTHSC's presence in almost every healthcare space (PA, pharmacy, public health, DPT, biomedical sciences). Of course, there are a lot of other possibilities, too (like parking).

Last edited: