• The KillerFrogs

Big Kev declares again...

neutral observer

He did not play as a freshman because of some kind of issues with his transcript from the island he came from. The high school was destroyed by a hurricane. He played three years but has another year of eligibility in addition to the extra year all received because of the virus.

I do have a gut feel either he or Newbhard will return because I do not think either are NBA ready.

sdj
I hope so! We need them both next year!

cheese83

He has shown flashes where he could be a 2nd rounder and to G League. I’m guessing the NBA advisory group told him he has a chance since he’s undergrad. I think he has a better chance than RJ of making it.

Punter1

He has shown flashes where he could be a 2nd rounder and to G League. I’m guessing the NBA advisory group told him he has a chance since he’s undergrad. I think he has a better chance than RJ of making it.

He absolutely does...like a 10% chance vs a 5% chance.

But he can make a healthy living oversees for a long time playing ball because he really isnt gonna develop anymore here. He is who he is. A defensive-minded big who can rebound with limited offensive game. Plus he's a good guy who stays outta trouble.

Farmfrog

I can’t fathom how anyone would think that Kevin is a better pro prospect than RJ. Kevin may very well have a profitable pro career but I would be shocked if it was in the NBA.

Punter1

I can’t fathom how anyone would think that Kevin is a better pro prospect than RJ. Kevin may very well have a profitable pro career but I would be shocked if it was in the NBA.

6-10 always has a better chance than 6-3....plus I think Kevin has a more NBA ready game.

Centers in the NBA aren't called on to do anything except play defense, rebound and set picks. He can do all those plus grab some offensive rebounds.

The NBA won't care about his lack of offense as long as the defense and rebounding were good...

Farmfrog

6-10 always has a better chance than 6-3....plus I think Kevin has a more NBA ready game.

Centers in the NBA aren't called on to do anything except play defense, rebound and set picks. He can do all those plus grab some offensive rebounds.

The NBA won't care about his lack of offense as long as the defense and rebounding were good...
Let me say that I doubt either play a second of NBA ball. Samuel, IMO, isn’t near the defensive player that many think. I don’t think he can defend the level of athlete he would face there. RJ is athletic enough to play in the NBA I just don’t think he ever will.

I wish nothing but the best for Kevin in his future endeavors.