• The KillerFrogs

big east pathetic

purplepreacher

Hate to see it, but our future conference looks bad this weekend. Louisville, Cinninatti go down to undistinquised team. Now UConn is getting beat. Did WVA pull it out?

YCBJ Frog

You forgot Pitt almost losing to Maine, Syracuse almost losing to Rhode Island, and Rutgers losing to UNC.

Not a good weekend for our future brethren...

mtmedlin

Cincy showed signs of brilliance and if they can get their crap together, their going to be solid. Collaros scares me at times.

WVU had a rough start but did what we expect of WVU. Nobody will remember the slow start with that blowout number.

Cuse showed some real positives and that is a program that can no longer be counted as an auto win. There on the way of being a player in the BE and I can see them returning to power. I like it. Historic teams like Pitt and Cuse returning to prominence is good for the conference....as long as they lose to USF.

Pitt looked lucky. They have the talent but havent put it together. A really hard transition for them with a compeltely different offense to learn.

USF looked dominant but that should be expected against Ball st (who did beat Indiana...but thats not exactly huge.) They still had trouble closing the deal in the red zone and ended up with several field goals when they should have been TDs. Still a bit disappointed by the offense. They put up a high score but still didnt seem to be fully clicking.

The rest of the conference....lets just say I am counting 3 wins. Uconn looked like piss, Rutgers was a heartbeat above pathetic and Lville was so bad I got embarrased for them.

btw... TCU looked really solid. Boise St is going to be a tough game but I dont see yall going less then 10-2. 11-1 seems like a real possibility. What I like is that you are still ranked after a single loss. As long as you continue to win, you will move up as attrition takes its course. At the end of hte year, when you beat Boise, it should be enough to put you into the top 10, which could very well still land a BCS game.

fanatical frog

Cincy showed signs of brilliance and if they can get their crap together, their going to be solid. Collaros scares me at times.

WVU had a rough start but did what we expect of WVU. Nobody will remember the slow start with that blowout number.

Cuse showed some real positives and that is a program that can no longer be counted as an auto win. There on the way of being a player in the BE and I can see them returning to power. I like it. Historic teams like Pitt and Cuse returning to prominence is good for the conference....as long as they lose to USF.

Pitt looked lucky. They have the talent but havent put it together. A really hard transition for them with a compeltely different offense to learn.

USF looked dominant but that should be expected against Ball st (who did beat Indiana...but thats not exactly huge.) They still had trouble closing the deal in the red zone and ended up with several field goals when they should have been TDs. Still a bit disappointed by the offense. They put up a high score but still didnt seem to be fully clicking.

The rest of the conference....lets just say I am counting 3 wins. Uconn looked like piss, Rutgers was a heartbeat above pathetic and Lville was so bad I got embarrased for them.

btw... TCU looked really solid. Boise St is going to be a tough game but I dont see yall going less then 10-2. 11-1 seems like a real possibility. What I like is that you are still ranked after a single loss. As long as you continue to win, you will move up as attrition takes its course. At the end of hte year, when you beat Boise, it should be enough to put you into the top 10, which could very well still land a BCS game.

No joke. They were out played, out coached and looked completely disorganized. How long has that coach been there?

Other than that......BCS schools caught a lot of grief from the cupcakes all around the country. The have not's have closed the gap.

fanatical frog

Just took a look at Sagarin rankings by conference.....BEast is dead last.

Adding TCU's numbers to the BEast only pushes us up to fifth.....only .09 points behind B10.....and pushes the ACC into last place.

HG73

There's very little difference in the bad AQ teams and non-AQ teams.

UCF stomped BC
Rice beat Purdue
New Mexico State beat Minnesota

Kentucky barely beat Northern Illinois
THE Ohio State barely beat Toledo

Hard to figure how good the MAC is. They always upset lots of B1G teams, but how good (bad) are the B1G teams? Pretty bad IMO. Really wish Rutgers could have finished off UNC.

mtmedlin

Heck, the Big 10 took 5 losses and the Ohio St and Nebraska games could have both been a loss if a few plays changed.

I hate CUSA. Houston has a legitimate win against UCLA...BC SUCKS and has for years. UCF getting a win at home against them isnt exactly amazing.

Texas Otto

Heck, the Big 10 took 5 losses and the Ohio St and Nebraska games could have both been a loss if a few plays changed.

I hate CUSA. Houston has a legitimate win against UCLA...BC SUCKS and has for years. UCF getting a win at home against them isnt exactly amazing.

Not proud of my Orange's performnance but if you watched the game (as I did) it was just simple stupid mistakes that made the score so close killed a couple of drives and kept a couple of URI drives alive. Those stupid mistakes would cause an L against any good BCS team (such as USC this weekend), so they need to be corrected quickly but they are correctable. What Pitts problem was in their close game against Maine I have no idea since I didn't see the game, also Wakes win vs. NC Statte does make Cuse's week one victory look even better. All of that being said I would have to rank WVU as the class of the league this year and as of week 2 I would have to put USF 2nd with Cuse a close 3rd as of right this moment. :eek:hmy:

mtmedlin

I am with ya mostly Otto...but I put USF above WV. WV doesnt have any win that is signature and they look BAD on Saturday for half. Based on field performance, USF first, WVU second and ....Pitt and Cuse tied for third. Pitt has more talent and could be great. Their learning an entirely new system and when they start to get it down, I think they will be amazing.
Its nice to see cuse back into the thick of things. Thats a team that is going bowling again this year, even if ND ends up taking a BE bowl.

and as crazy as it sounds...The Ville could very well be a solid team next year and pretty amazing by 2013. Alot of talent there, but needs time.

Texas Otto

I am with ya mostly Otto...but I put USF above WV. WV doesnt have any win that is signature and they look BAD on Saturday for half. Based on field performance, USF first, WVU second and ....Pitt and Cuse tied for third. Pitt has more talent and could be great. Their learning an entirely new system and when they start to get it down, I think they will be amazing.
Its nice to see cuse back into the thick of things. Thats a team that is going bowling again this year, even if ND ends up taking a BE bowl.

and as crazy as it sounds...The Ville could very well be a solid team next year and pretty amazing by 2013. Alot of talent there, but needs time.

I'll go with 1 and 1a then between WVU and USF. The only reason I had Cuse ahead of Pitt was Pitt hasn't really played anybody and now that Wake defeated an NC State team that was expected to compete in their division the Cuse win over Wake looks a whole lot better. I also am not as worried about USC after barely beating a Minnie team who then turned around and loas a week later to the Aggies (and I'm not talking about the ATM version). Let's see maybe USC will stomp the yard with the boys in orange after a cross country flight and then Cuse has to take on a pretty tough Toledo team (at least they looked tough against OSU) the following week. Too early to tell but the next few weeks should be intersting before league play really gets going :eek:hmy:

Dtx_Frog_Fan

I believe an ACC team plays in the Orange Bowl unless playing in the BcS Championship game. The Big East has no tie in, but could play there.

Acc team to the orange bowl and no big east tie in are correct.
Since 2006 acc reps are fsu, wake forest, va tech, va tech, ga tech, va tech

boonecountyman

I'll go with 1 and 1a then between WVU and USF. The only reason I had Cuse ahead of Pitt was Pitt hasn't really played anybody and now that Wake defeated an NC State team that was expected to compete in their division the Cuse win over Wake looks a whole lot better. I also am not as worried about USC after barely beating a Minnie team who then turned around and loas a week later to the Aggies (and I'm not talking about the ATM version). Let's see maybe USC will stomp the yard with the boys in orange after a cross country flight and then Cuse has to take on a pretty tough Toledo team (at least they looked tough against OSU) the following week. Too early to tell but the next few weeks should be intersting before league play really gets going :eek:hmy:

OTTO...I agree with what you say.I believe Pitt will go 6-6 or 7-5 this year.They have no defense and are not transitioning to their new offense very well.UCONN scored NO offensive points aganist Vandy yet only lost on late field goal.Cincy once again has no defense and Rutgers appears to be better than UL.Good luck with the Trojans.

Texas Otto

OTTO...I agree with what you say.I believe Pitt will go 6-6 or 7-5 this year.They have no defense and are not transitioning to their new offense very well.UCONN scored NO offensive points aganist Vandy yet only lost on late field goal.Cincy once again has no defense and Rutgers appears to be better than UL.Good luck with the Trojans.

Boone county,

Thanks for the well wishes it is going to be a tough road trip this week with allot of young players, but if we can shake off the jet lag and not let the youngsters get awed by the colliseum we have a chance and if any coach can do that I believe it is FLHCDM! Good luck against MD I am hoping you blow them out of the building!
:wink: