• The KillerFrogs

Big East needs to bring in ECU today

Paul

No real problem with ECU, but how do you have 28,000 students, but only 110,000 living alumni. Maybe I misheard...

TGINAF

There are 4 schools that bring more to the table that want in.....UCF, Houston, SMU, Memphis.

Ecu is nice for home games, they will never bring a tv, never bring a fan to away games, and its impossible to get there....

Kaiser

The Big East is helpless until the B12 finishes expanding. Once the B12 decides in 10 or 12 & whether that includes any BE schools then the conference can move forward with adding teams.

Hard to add teams when every Big East school is currently praying for a golden ticket outtahere.

Froggy Style

You keep adding schools until NBC can bid. It's that simple.

ESPN will keep giving conferences money to steel teams and we need to keep adding them. The only way TCU survives is to force competition in the marketplace.

froginaustin

No real problem with ECU, but how do you have 28,000 students, but only 110,000 living alumni. Maybe I misheard...

Maybe they're counting participants in their alumni association?

East Carolina proudly has 130,000 active alumni concentrated in North Carolina and along the East Coast.

And they claim Vince and Linda McMahon as alums. :laugh:

Virginia Frog

Ecu is nice for home games, they will never bring a tv, never bring a fan to away games, and its impossible to get there....
"its impossible to get there"...Try getting to Penn State, Virginia Tech, Washington State.

ECU is 90 miles from RDU Airport - a much bigger deal airport than Harrisburg, Roanoke 35 mi. (or Richmond 150 miles), or Spokane (75 miles).

ECU is a big deal in these parts (Northern VA/Wash DC) and remember the Mobile Bowl '99 - the Beau Rivage was FULL of Pirates...they DO travel well.

mtmedlin

There are 4 schools that bring more to the table that want in.....UCF, Houston, SMU, Memphis.

If you take Commercial flights, then its an hour and 45 minute drive to get there...not a huge deal considering. Try flying into NY and getting to Syracuse. It takes a long time. Or if a team flies charter...which many do, they have an airport 3 miles away...in fact that airport has 1 commercial airline (I think its US Air) that flies into it. My USF bulls could fly direct and drive 3 miles...not exactly impossible.

and ECU smokes all of them in attendance. They average right at 50K at each game, plus North Carolina just included in their budget enuogh money (I think its 40 or 50 million) to build a new pressbox/luxerus suits and expand the stadium to 62K seats. Thats nearly double the attendance of Houston and almost triple of SMU!

last point...memphis was the worst team in all of FBS last year...enough said.