• The KillerFrogs

Big East Expanson Candidates

asleep003

At this juncture, not sure they're not going to be listening to anyone from FW.
But SMU would be a perfect fit as a replacement for the Frogs, as they meet
pretty much all the same criteria that the BE was interested in us. A nice brand.
The six existing members left(tied up in a lethal contract), the Academies, plus
SMU/UH/UCF(Temple?) is a Solid TV package.and may keep BE in the BCS.

Cheers !

TCUMed

SMU is going to the SEC, so they don't need to worry about the Big East.

At least that's what I read on ponyfans

asleep003

SMU is going to the SEC, so they don't need to worry about the Big East.

At least that's what I read on ponyfans

Well then ... guess that settles that !
And we'll really be able to out recruit as when they get thumped
every year by LSU/Alabama/Arkie/Miss.St/A&M/Ole Miss., then kids
won't want to go there after the 1st couple of years of beat downs.

Cheers !

Coach Pattersons Dog

SMU has a secret, stand alone offer to deliver the DFW market to the SEC. Mike Slive is salivating over what SMU will do for the SEC providing the PAC doesn't grab them first.

Frogs1983

pretty much all the same criteria that the BE was interested in us. A
nice brand.
The six existing members left(tied up in a lethal contract), the Academies, plus

Cheers !

Sorry,but I somehow missed the last 10 year success record of SMU .How many Top 10 finishes,BCS games,Rose Bowl wins did SMU have?Not to mention their great average attendance of what,21,000
SMU has scoreboard on us this year,but they are nowhere the program TCU is.
They may get there someday,but it isn't now!

asleep003

Sorry,but I somehow missed the last 10 year success record of SMU .How many Top 10 finishes,BCS games,Rose Bowl wins did SMU have?Not to mention their great average attendance of what,21,000
SMU has scoreboard on us this year,but they are nowhere the program TCU is.
They may get there someday,but it isn't now!

What is it about pretty much, that you don't understand. They're committed to football and an upcoming program/great school. Anyway Einstein, if you don't get the similarities, outside the long term record,... then how many teams out there that have a 90-15 record in the 1st place to pick from... Are you one of those trolls out there, that run around knit-picking any little thing.

Cheers !

froginaustin

What is it about pretty much, that you don't understand. They're committed to football and an upcoming program/great school. Anyway Einstein, if you don't get the similarities, outside the long term record,... then how many teams out there that have a 90-15 record in the 1st place to pick from... Are you one of those trolls out there, that run around knit-picking any little thing.

Cheers !

You must have a pretty loose definition of "pretty much". Sloppy language use by a rocket surgeon like you.

pretty much all the same criteria that the BE was interested in us. A nice brand.

Cheers !

TCU brought football credibility, years in the top 25, and BCS appearances. SMU has won one game vs. TCU and has not won a conference championship. TCU satisfies requirements needed for AQ status SMU does not. TCU brought them everything and more. Not the same.

Cheers !
[/quote

CUSA 2.0

Cheers

Frogs1983

Cheers !

Well Genius,that's pretty much what seperates us from the SMU's of the College football world.We made a commitment about 17 years ago to start getting serious about competing at the highest level in football.We have put in our time, paid our dues,taken our lumps along the way,and have a proven track record of success over a 10 year period.

SMU,not so much. They deserve a BCS Conference bid over say Houston,or UTEP,or Memphis,because? Because they have been publicly begging for one?

As far as me being a troll.,think I've been around here a little longer than you my friend.:wacko: