• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Tournament Thread

HoustonHornedFrog

Barring a major comeback today I doubt Tech puts best foot forward from here on out. That said, The have a week to rest everyone. If they battle through the elimination bracket and burn a lot of pitchers you might see what we had with TCU OSU in 2014 where we still had a legit starter left in Tyler Alexander while they threw some random freshman who had thrown 9 innings all year. That win solidified the 2nd week at home. OTOH if it goes like last year we got some extra innings from the guys in the back of the bullpen in the championship game.

I think the main thing is momentum, we don't have it right now. This is where we found it last year.

At the moment I'm just enjoying a Tech loss and the chance at an extra B12 team in the big 64

Tech is solidly in the top 4 for nation seeds from everything I've seen in the last couple of weeks. Could be similar to TCU 2015 where we were set for a national seed and lost two straight in the Big 12 tournament and went home and rested up. Ended up working fine for us that year. IIRC Augie Garrido commented that it was the best thing TCU could have done that year.

Punter1

This lineup tells us everything we need to know about CJS's love for CW. Slinging lefty on the mound and we bat CW and play him at 1B over ML who plays 1B so significantly better than CW and bats right.

Exactly. As I have said ML is the 1st person I put in my lineup every game. He saves more runs then anyone could produce other then Baker.