• The KillerFrogs

Best/Worst Moment of last five Football Seasons

NNM

I can eat 50 eggs
Worst moment: Second half of KU game at home. People were being carted out on stretchers.

Best moment: Tie between F-I-L's Peach Bowl moment above, and the Alamo Bowl conclusion.

MAcFroggy

I think every single person is going to say the 2014 Baylor game as the worst moment, so I am going to go with something else.

Worst: 2015 OU game - I did not attend the 2014 Baylor game in person, however, I was at this game. Sucked so bad watching Parker knock that ball down on the 2 point conversion.

Best: Peach Bowl. Close second goes to the 2014 OU win (particularly Paul Dawson's pick six.)

Frog-in-law1995

Thought about the end zone pick in Atlanta and Howard's pass break-up in San Antonio. Also the TD to go over 75 against Tech and Texada's pick 6 against Baylor. I think those would be my top 5.

Edit: forgot about Abby Faber's Riff Ram video.

Wexahu

In no particular order...

Best Moments:
1) Paul Dawson INT return vs Oklahoma
2) Oberkrom FG at WV
3) McFarland INT for TD in Peach Bowl
4) Boyce game-winning 2-pt catch at WV
5) Green's catch at Tech

Worst Moments:
1) Baylor 2014
2) Iowa State 2012
3) Offseason 2015 when we lost half our defense
4) Arkansas 2016 time management at goal line
5) Realizing by the 2nd half of 2016 SDSU game we weren't very good and it might be a long year.

DixieFrog

Ticket Exchange Pass
Worst moment: Baylor 2014
Best Moment: Tie - Peach/Alamo

We were at both bowl games and each was glorious in so many ways. We do have an amazing recent bowl history....minus Arizona.

Tom Brown

I think every single person is going to say the 2014 Baylor game as the worst moment, so I am going to go with something else.

Worst: 2015 OU game - I did not attend the 2014 Baylor game in person, however, I was at this game. Sucked so bad watching Parker knock that ball down on the 2 point conversion.

Best: Peach Bowl. Close second goes to the 2014 OU win (particularly Paul Dawson's pick six.)

My worst moment is the Georgia loss.

Best: Peach Bowl/Alamo Bowl - being the representative of Big 12 Strong. And winning the Big 12 crown to prove TCU belongs and will be a top Big 12 title contender for years to come.

Worst: 2014 Baylor fluke comeback. And last season watching TCU get manhandled by OSU and KSU, with horrendous tackling, no kicking, and lack of P5 size/strength. Never do I ever want to see TCU manhandled like that again. It was like both those teams were in a different league. Losing happens even losing by large margins, but I never want to see TCU that overly matched to a conference peer. If TCU loses I want to be able to feel it was just their year not leaving embarrassed because it seemed TCU was at G5 size/strength and OSU/KSU were P5 size/strength.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Worst moment: Alamo Bowl-half time
Best Moment: Alamo Bowl-end of third overtime
Agree.

Here's why:

Baylor 2014: we really didn't yet know how good that team was at that point. We knew Baylor was dangerous. We had just beaten OU. But we really didn't know. It was a punch to the nads for sure. But we could've gone on to lose multiple conference games and Baylor 2014 would seem less important. It did end up being the worst possible loss because it led to #3 to #6 in the final standings.

The McFarland pick six: probably the most memorable play from the Peach Bowl but it was really just the cherry on top of an old school GP defensive masterpiece. The defense owned that game from the first snap. Their not memorable QB should have been sacked for a safety on at least one prior play. I hold a special place in my heart for McFarland.

The Alamo Bowl: quite possibly no team and fan base has ever gone from so low to so high in two quarters of football. It was surreal. I've said it before, I've never had more fun than living that comeback live. I wanted to die in the first half. I almost died because when we won. I don't know how it can be topped.

It's the darning best to be back in big time college football.

Lone Frog

I'll choose one for each year.

Worst
2012 - Offseason drug bust and the fallout. In season - Skye Dawson flubbing the catch on that damned punt against MSU.
2013 - The whole damn thing. Maybe the SELA game, when I realized it was going to be a long season.
2014 - Baylor loss. Don't quit playing with nine minutes left!
2015 - Doctson's injury on that uncalled late hit at OSU. Or the first time we went for 2 against OU. I was screaming and screaming and screaming to let Oberkrom kick the point.
2016 - Arkie, OU, Tech. All the games we had to try so hard to lose. Extra bonus suck for the KSU game, punting the ball away on 4th and inches at midfield and essentially just conceding the game entirely.

Best
2012 - Beating Baylor in Boykin's first road game was pretty sweet, as was the WVU comeback. But taking down UT in Austin for the first time since the '60s must be the winner.
2013 - Not much to pick from. I'll go with Catalon's coast-to-coast kick return for a TD against LSU.
2014 - So much revenge for 2013, but must choose the Peach.
2015 - Alamo Bowl.
2016 - Obliterating Baylor on their blackout Briles day.

Frog-in-law1995

Agree.

Here's why:

Baylor 2014: we really didn't yet know how good that team was at that point. We knew Baylor was dangerous. We had just beaten OU. But we really didn't know. It was a punch to the nads for sure. But we could've gone on to lose multiple conference games and Baylor 2014 would seem less important. It did end up being the worst possible loss because it led to #3 to #6 in the final standings.

The McFarland pick six: probably the most memorable play from the Peach Bowl but it was really just the cherry on top of an old school GP defensive masterpiece. The defense owned that game from the first snap. Their not memorable QB should have been sacked for a safety on at least one prior play. I hold a special place in my heart for McFarland.

The Alamo Bowl: quite possibly no team and fan base has ever gone from so low to so high in two quarters of football. It was surreal. I've said it before, I've never had more fun than living that comeback live. I wanted to die in the first half. I almost died because when we won. I don't know how it can be topped.

It's the darning best to be back in big time college football.

The comeback was amazing and easily a top moment, but halftime was definitely not the worst moment of the last 5 years for me. No Doctson or Listenbee, and Boykin got sent home the night before. My expectations were WAY down for that game.

Wexahu

Best: Peach Bowl/Alamo Bowl - being the representative of Big 12 Strong. And winning the Big 12 crown to prove TCU belongs and will be a top Big 12 title contender for years to come.

Worst: 2014 Baylor fluke comeback. And last season watching TCU get manhandled by OSU and KSU, with horrendous tackling, no kicking, and lack of P5 size/strength. Never do I ever want to see TCU manhandled like that again. It was like both those teams were in a different league. Losing happens even losing by large margins, but I never want to see TCU that overly matched to a conference peer. If TCU loses I want to be able to feel it was just their year not leaving embarrassed because it seemed TCU was at G5 size/strength and OSU/KSU were P5 size/strength.

Way too much emphasis on "speed" since that 2014 team IMO. That dominant defense probably didn't have one player with above average speed for their position. We had two 230 lb+ linebackers and a couple 200+ lb safeties. A couple of the guys like Carter and Mallet were flat out slow.

Fast forward two years and we're converting 205 lb safeties to linebacker, all our safeties are in the 180-190 lb range, and we have a couple DEs in the rotation that go about 230. I didnt understand it. 2014 proved that not everyone has to run like a deer. In fact, hardly anybody does if they play right.