• The KillerFrogs

Bengals.com: Bengals Brees in draft?

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
dalton110430_440.jpg

Bengals.com: Bengals Brees in draft?

By GEOFF HOBSON

... If this draft 10 years later does indeed mark the end of The Ocho, how fitting. This time dropping to No. 35 was a Brees-like guy in TCU's Andy Dalton. Not Brees, but Brees-like. At a shade under 6-2, Dalton has about an inch and a half on Brees, a Super Bowl MVP and chief engineer of Sean Payton's virtual offense in New Orleans.

Peter King of Sports Illustrated, who was on Dalton early, is amazed by the similarity of the reports ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. had on Brees a decade ago and on Dalton this trip. Brees has got a little more zip on the ball, but … .

Both were supposed to have suspect arms. Both live on feel and anticipation and glare at the defense instead of the rocket's red glare hanging from the shoulder. Brees has got a little more zip on the ball.

Let offensive coordinator Jay Gruden and quarterbacks coach Ken Zampese explain. ...

Frog_Fan71

Sharing the podium with third-round pick Dantey Moch, Dalton leaned over to give him a fist bump in honor of Nevada's win over Boise State that boosted TCU's perfect run to the Pro Bowl.

I knew we were good...

I didn't know we were that good! :ph34r:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Bengals.com could stand some proofreading. Jeesh.
I notice some papers seem to let bloggers go unedited or without someone reading behind them, just let them self-edit. Big Steaming Pile's blog had some really bad paragraphs in it last week.

oldscribe

I knew guys shrink when measured before the draft, but has Andy continued to shrink (now below 6-2?) AFTER the draft?:blink:

HFrog1999

I knew guys shrink when measured before the draft, but has Andy continued to shrink (now below 6-2?) AFTER the draft?:blink:

I know. He keeps getting shorter. I'm 6'2" and after seeing Dalton several times over the years at Meet the Frogs and the Spring games, he's taller than me. Maybe I'm shrinking :blink:

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Sharing the podium with third-round pick Dantey Moch, Dalton leaned over to give him a fist bump in honor of Nevada's win over Boise State that boosted TCU's perfect run to the Pro Bowl.

I knew we were good...

I didn't know we were that good! :ph34r:

He's confusing the Rose with the Aub vs Ore game.