• The KillerFrogs

Benedict Patterson!

Limey Frog

Put a BU hat and a BU sweater on it. Statue was erected WAY too soon. Now, it is a joke.
The statue is a monument to what he did for TCU football. Almost nothing he can do in later life could overshadow that, and nothing he can do could undo it. I'm generally of the school that prefers to wait for the subject's death before immortalizing him in statue, but I'm not losing any sleep over this one being there. GP will forever be the TCU coach of my heart.

Spike

Has there been an instance when an assistant was hired to permanently replace his former boss after the boss was fired for poor performance? I can’t think of one.
I was just thinking how often does the interim coach get the new job. Usually want a housecleaning.

froginmn

Has there been an instance when an assistant was hired to permanently replace his former boss after the boss was fired for poor performance? I can’t think of one.
Obvious differences noted (analyst, and not on staff at time of firing) but Dykes was somewhat close to that description.

Purple Hearted

The gnashing of teeth and claims of betrayal by some that have used multiple opportunities to tell us how happy they are that GP was shown the door is hyprocrisy of the highest order.

As far as I'm concerned, GP is a football coach. He wants to coach, irregardless of how much money he's made in the past or what others think he owes in loyalty to TCU.

As someone else wrote, if you decide to dump someone then don't complain about who they decide to hook up with later.

Brevity Frog

I will always admire GP. He is our ball coach and the best in school history. He is a legend. The statue stays.

If he wants to coach Gaylor, fine. But it’s a poor move on his part. He knows the optics and the reaction. He should coach literally anywhere else. He knows exactly what he’s doing and what the result will be. That’s sad to me.

I don’t have any hard feelings. I’m not upset or angry. But if he roams a Baylor sideline in yellow it will gross me out.