• The KillerFrogs

Baylor's football future

FloridaFrog76129

Oh no, SMU already has one 4 star commitment for 2025! Shut it all down! This is the real reason Florida St wants out of the ACC. They see that the SMU recruiting train is revved up to a point that they're about to run away from everybody.
One 4 star WR is going to save the SMU program?

I think Clemson and FSU have 9 or more of those each.

tetonfrog

If LL has another good year he’ll probably leave for an SEC/Big 10 job and they’ll be about back to where they were.

Kansas fans are wired for basketball, gonna take more than a couple decent years to change that.
I am the only nonJayhawk in my family and that includes my niece, my God Son and his wife. The support has always been there, but the problem is the football team has usually stunk. In the good times under Mangino, Glen Mason or way back to the John Riggins and Gayle Sayers years, they supported the team. The problem has been the product and not the fans. What do you expect KU fans to say about Midnight Madness after OU and Nebraska just throttled them 77-0?

And you may be right about LL, but isn't that what they said about Gary Patterson and TCU?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
And you may be right about LL, but isn't that what they said about Gary Patterson and TCU?
LL has already had many shiny toys dangled in front of him, and he hasn't budged. He's building something in a place that hasn't seen a winner in a long time, and he is loved up there. He goes to, say, Alabama, and they'll burn his house down the first year if he's not in the Playoff.

Patterson understood this, and stayed put. Sometimes, the grass is never greener than where you are.

CountryFrog

Not so sure about KU any more (assuming coach LL sticks around). Their fans stuck around in hurricane conditions to watch them upset OU this year (my parents among them) and they sold out their stadium several times this year. They are rebuilding/upgrading their stadium and built an indoor practice facility a few years ago.

Sure, hoops and Bill Self are always king (they are planning on building suites at the top of Allen FieldHouse - ugh!), but they have always supported a winning football team. The problem was the coaches were garbage post Mangino.
All of these schools have fans that show up for the team when they're winning games. Even UConn. So that's not really the barometer.

CountryFrog

I am the only nonJayhawk in my family and that includes my niece, my God Son and his wife. The support has always been there, but the problem is the football team has usually stunk. In the good times under Mangino, Glen Mason or way back to the John Riggins and Gayle Sayers years, they supported the team. The problem has been the product and not the fans. What do you expect KU fans to say about Midnight Madness after OU and Nebraska just throttled them 77-0?

Basketball drives the bus up there hands down. That doesn't mean they totally ignore the football program obviously. No one does that. But when people talk about supporting football that implicitly means making sure it's always the number one priority. Because that's the only way you're going to be consistently really good. Kansas has made their choice and I don't even blame them for prioritizing basketball with all the success they've had in that sport and the money that it brings in for them.

CountryFrog

One 4 star WR is going to save the SMU program?

I think Clemson and FSU have 9 or more of those each.
Wow. Yea because I was really really serious when I said that. I totally thought one 4-star recruit who won't even be there until 2025 (if at all) was going to be the thing that makes SMU dominant in the ACC for the next decade. That was definitely my real analysis of the situation.