• The KillerFrogs

Baylor's football future

And what you're doing is accepting mediocrity because we lose some players. That was your original argument. Now you've turned it into, "what good does female dogging do about it?" Two different things. And apparently you have no clue about what goes on here at kff if you think we ought not to female dog about things. Complaining 101 is almost the main purpose of this board.
Ok, what are you, other than bitching about it, going to do about us going 5-7? Are you going to send Coach Dykes a tersely worded letter? Are you going to cancel your season tickets? Are you going to DEMAND that we do better? That'll show 'em!!

And like I said, we don't have a choice to "accept mediocrity" or not. But I do have the brains enough to recognize that losing 8 NFL players along with the starting QB is going to lessen our chances of repeating the previous years results. That's called accepting reality. People who don't accept reality are delusional. Like aggies.

And yes, I am all too aware of the countless bitching that goes on this board. It's scheissing annoying.

Deep Purple

Spare me the 5 star stuff….I couldn’t care less about star ratings. The only time they supposedly matter was/is this week. James Battle/Shaun Robinson ring a bell?
grand hotel GIF by ABC Network

One Frog Nation

I went and looked at the recruiting rankings on 247 and Baylor was all the way up to 70th and the portal waa 37th. SMU was up to 96 for HS recruiting and 28th in the portal. I guess the move the ACC didn't impress high school kids.

CountryFrog

tetonfrog

Kansas
Duke
Indiana

Even North Carolina to a degree. Their fan base isn't quite as apathetic toward football when they're struggling as those other schools but there's never any doubt whatsoever what the priority is in that athletic department.
Not so sure about KU any more (assuming coach LL sticks around). Their fans stuck around in hurricane conditions to watch them upset OU this year (my parents among them) and they sold out their stadium several times this year. They are rebuilding/upgrading their stadium and built an indoor practice facility a few years ago.

Sure, hoops and Bill Self are always king (they are planning on building suites at the top of Allen FieldHouse - ugh!), but they have always supported a winning football team. The problem was the coaches were garbage post Mangino.

Wexahu

Not so sure about KU any more (assuming coach LL sticks around). Their fans stuck around in hurricane conditions to watch them upset OU this year (my parents among them) and they sold out their stadium several times this year. They are rebuilding/upgrading their stadium and built an indoor practice facility a few years ago.

Sure, hoops and Bill Self are always king (they are planning on building suites at the top of Allen FieldHouse - ugh!), but they have always supported a winning football team. The problem was the coaches were garbage post Mangino.
If LL has another good year he’ll probably leave for an SEC/Big 10 job and they’ll be about back to where they were.

Kansas fans are wired for basketball, gonna take more than a couple decent years to change that.