• The KillerFrogs

Baylor football player under investigation after sexual assault allegation

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
The Frog to be Named Later said:
Beep beep. Back the truck up. Wut?
How difficult is it to understand that? I had a father, a brother and a mother. Three to one male would seem predominantly male even with my decrepit brain.

elephant

Would love to hear from any Baylor Fans answer the following question:

Specifically, what 3 things should Baylor institutionally do differently going forward in response to the Tevin E, Sam U, and Oakman situations?  

Before answering, save all the victim discussion & how we need to educate our girls better dialogue as that is an equally important yet different discussion.

If the answer is nothing, then just say so.

texas_sicilian

elephant said:

Specifically, what 3 things should Baylor institutionally do differently going forward in response to the Tevin E, Sam U, and Oakman situations?  

Before answering, save all the victim discussion & how we need to educate our girls better dialogue as that is an equally important yet different discussion.

Hang a sign up outside their field stating how you should treat women, duh. Problem solved.

Punter1

Hughes Your Daddy said:
I'm sure there's an interesting story buried in this somewhere, but ten paragraphs man? This is a sports forum, not a creative writing contest.

giphy.gif
I'm sure there's not...

Anyways...the creative writing line had me spitting out my Diet Coke.

steelfrog

Tier 1
elephant said:

1.  Don't bring in players with prior history of sex assault--or anything!

2.  Don't treat women like 2nd class citizens

3.  Hold players accountable for everything and have a Zero Tolerance policy, for anything

elephant

If only Baylor could see your post. The money coming in from football must be greater than the legal payoffs necessary to continue current status. I am starting to believe nothing will change until the money going out becomes greater than the money coming in

toadallytexan

ToadallyTexan
Jefffrog1993 said:
I am seeking investors for my new product.   "Baylor Rape Prevention Kit"  it will include mace, stun gun, custom yard clippers, hidden tooth compartment for women to spit poison into the rapist mouth(quick acting agent), and a plug to keep items out.   We are raising one million in first round funding.   Please let me know who wants to invest?
When BU football players were first exposed to the term "Rape Kit" they all wondered aloud if batteries were included.

Double V

USNFROG said:
This one million times. If the girl changes her mind at anytime then it's over. A guy never has the right to continue after the girl changes her mind and she can change her mind at any time.
NO ship. Nobody on here has said otherwise. However, the girl also has the power to avoid the situation all together.

GlendarrochFrog

steelfrog said:
1.  Don't bring in players with prior history of sex assault--or anything!
Good luck fielding a team if a perfectly clean history is one of the requirements. I couldn't have made it because I got a ticket for shooting my BB gun off a boat in a favorite fishing hole of mine my Jr. of high school.

Oh, and also because I was slow white guy with little athletic ability.

MacarthurTexas

Road Trip Frog said:
Good luck fielding a team if a perfectly clean history is one of the requirements. I couldn't have made it because I got a ticket for shooting my BB gun off a boat in a favorite fishing hole of mine my Jr. of high school.

Oh, and also because I was slow white guy with little athletic ability.

No one is naive enough to think that everyone has to be chiorboys.  However, there is such a thing as calculated risk.  A young kid having a few too many to drink and getting in trouble with the law is not the same thing as rape.  I think most adults can make some judgement on what kinds of kids are worth a certain level or risk.

And again, this issue, IMO, has been more about what Baylor has done in response to these situations.  These types of things do happen on other campuses, but a school's response, to me, tells you about their character and the character of their leaders.

TCUSA

TCURiggs said:

It's hard to read what you've said without concluding that you think Oakman's (potential) victim may be crying wolf. I don't think I'm the only one who has interpreted your comments that way, as many people seem to be agreeing with/liking my posts, and I don't believe I've seen anyone agreeing with/liking yours.

As for your "critical thinking" comment in this case, that's just silly. Here's what we know: girl went home from the bar with a guy, guy allegedly became sexually aggressive against girl's will, girl left immediately after (alleged) sexual assault and alerted authorities and hospital staff. Police then went and retrieved multiple sources of evidence from the defendants place of residence. I'm sure I'm just being a racist homophobe by talking about this, though.
Well, by all means, let's determine what's right by "Likes", shall we? I might have been overly optimistic about your capacity for deliberative, rational thought. Sorry I led you on.

USNFROG

Educating young women on how to avoid dangerous situations to prevent rape is great.  Saying, "if she didn't put herself in that situation she wouldn't have been raped" is victim blaming. 

My comment was with regard to the Baylor posts on twitter and BF so to say that "no one on here has said otherwise" is false first of all but more importantly wasn't the point of my comment.

TCUdirtbag

TCUSA said:
Well, by all means, let's determine what's right by "Likes", shall we? I might have been overly optimistic about your capacity for deliberative, rational thought. Sorry I led you on.
IMO, next time you go to click "post" in this thread, you should just not.

frogs9497

USNFROG said:
Educating young women on how to avoid dangerous situations to prevent rape is great.  Saying, "if she didn't put herself in that situation she wouldn't have been raped" is victim blaming. 

It's really not about blaming the victim. It's really about preventing what could be the most life-changing event she'll ever endure.

HToady

frogs9497 said:
It's really not about blaming the victim. It's really about preventing what could be the most life-changing event she'll ever endure.
I usually don't drive around in Stop Six after midnight, even though it's my right to do so......

frogs9497 said:
I agree, but after a rape has occurred, mentioning that "she shouldn't have been there" does nothing to help the victim...so why even bring it up?