• The KillerFrogs

Basketball

sandiegojack

Any speculaton on who gets the last basketball scholarship. Been quiet since Anderson signed.

And who do you think JC hires for the new assistants.

sdj

I really do wish I knew who we are going after for that last spot, but I have yet to see our name associated with any of the remaining top Big men left in the 2011 class like Alex Uchebo (Released from NC ST LOI), Matt Gorski, Keith Coleman, etc.

Speaking of Big Men, new name is back on the market today; 6'10 Juco forward Keith Dewitt is seeking his release from his LOI to Southern Miss. Keith had originally committed to Missouri, but had to go the Juco route. He is generally considered one of the best JUCO big men in the country.

In other 2011 recruiting target news:

PG Anthony Hickey signs with LSU over South Carolina (btw I would much rather have Anderson).

SG Quinton Chievous, whom many thought would go prep, is expected to sign with Tennessee tomorrow.

PG Kevin Kaspar has signed with Western Kentucky over N. Ill and Fresno St.

mark32

Others names are Chris Bryant 6-8 PF #34 ranked PF according to espn. Dwight Miller 6-8 PF #10 on jucojunction. Monterale Clark 6-10 #19 according to jucojunciton. Bryant Crowder 6-10 #24 according to jucojunction. Again, none of these guys have been linked to us. DeWitt would be a pretty solid get as he is #2 according to jucojunction and is a legit 6-10. There just isn't a lot out there in big men. Ranger hinted at a big guy coming who would be quite good, but nothing has been said since. Someone asked about Stokes, he is still out there, but his choices are dwindling. West. Kent. took Kaspar and we took Anderson. Could be Colorado St. for him, but he left there without signing.

Gunner

Couple people over on Purple Menace have stated we "have" a big guy. One even used the term "real big". Have not a clue who that might be. Appears Christian is recruiting by himself, with top recruiters having left under pressure.

He has done so well by himself, you wonder why he would need anybody. Whatever, another real big guy would be helpful.

Can't wait to see them next year. Still on the Christian bandwagon....