• The KillerFrogs

Basketball recruiting

sandiegojack

There was an article recently in the Star Telegram talking about the point guard from Crowley and it gave a short mention of the five that have signed. The article did not give any indication that there will be more signees.

There has been some chatter here about another big man. Does anyone know if that is correct, or was this some of the misinformation that gets on here from time to time.

sdj

We need another center to platoon with Rhoomes. Whoever we are targeting my guess is that it is not a high schooler since they are picked over at this point, unless we get someone asking out of an LOI. We must be feeling good on someone though not to give Vashill Fernandez an offer.

leofrog

We need another center to platoon with Rhoomes. Whoever we are targeting my guess is that it is not a high schooler since they are picked over at this point, unless we get someone asking out of an LOI. We must be feeling good on someone though not to give Vashill Fernandez an offer.
Guardian, you keep talking bigs, but I think we need another shooter, maybe a 2, especially if Moss is not coming back. To me, that is what we were lacking in the second half of the season. We need someone to consistently stretch the defense so Thorns isn't our #1 option late in a possession, because that is not what Thorns is.

ricksterh

I think the signing period is over for now. :unsure: Anybody know when the signing opens up again? :huh: Also any news about the assistant coaches? :rolleyes:

Guardian, you keep talking bigs, but I think we need another shooter, maybe a 2, especially if Moss is not coming back. To me, that is what we were lacking in the second half of the season. We need someone to consistently stretch the defense so Thorns isn't our #1 option late in a possession, because that is not what Thorns is.

If we do have two spots, and Moss is gone, we absolutely need a better shooting option at the two spot unless Ray steps up in a major way or Butler can give us better shooting than I think he can. He is more of a slasher than a spot up shooter, though it is nice to have someone who is athletic enough to play the 2 at 6'6. Thorns is a better player when he doesn't have to carry the shooting load. As it stands right now Green, Anderson and Fields might be our best outside threats and none of them are shooting guards.