• The KillerFrogs

Basketball Arena half empty against a

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Exactly why I didn't get season tickets since I live in frisco and they would go to waste most games. I wonder how many bought season tickets just because but never go or give them away.

Hopefully things start to change and then crowds start coming
I used to make the drive from frisco for games way too often. It's a beating.

But I thought frisco was too.

ReedFrawg

I also really think the "rivalry" with smu just doesn't mean much anymore. I'm much more excited to see us play basically any other big 12 school (maybe except k state or Iowa st) than SMU.

SuperTFrog

If you look at TCU sports Gameday threads for baseball, basketball and football, what percentage of the posts are negative in the last year?

And yet we probably have had the most dominate sports program in those three sports over the last year. People are so stinking ungrateful. Just be thankful for what we’ve got, don’t complain about what we don’t have.

TCURiggs

Crowd was great, we won. Go Frogs.

Agreed. I've been to a lot of games over the past couple of years (probably not as many as our main b-ball man, GuardianFrog", but the crowd was very good. SMU made a lot of noise early, including the loudest clapper I've ever heard right in front of me, but that dwindled as the game went on. That was a great atmosphere and I loved sending those dorks home with their heads down.

CountryFrog

If you look at TCU sports Gameday threads for baseball, basketball and football, what percentage of the posts are negative in the last year?

And yet we probably have had the most dominate sports program in those three sports over the last year. People are so stinking ungrateful. Just be thankful for what we’ve got, don’t complain about what we don’t have.
They're not complaining. They're being "realistic fans" and all of us positive people are nothing more than purple glasses wearers who are simply not as smart as the realists.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Crowd really warmed up and was great in the second half. Really looking forward to conference games coming up after Christmas. Really nice win for the frogs tonight.

Was particularly impressed by their 2nd half free throw shooting keeping the game on ice. Big improvement over previous years.

I had my line ready for any SMU fan ragging on us, but didn't have the opportunity to deliver it - "Who's your football coach this week?"

BleedNPurple

Exactly why I didn't get season tickets since I live in frisco and they would go to waste most games. I wonder how many bought season tickets just because but never go or give them away.

Hopefully things start to change and then crowds start coming
I bought great seats (3)last season the minute Dixon was coming and renewed them. I knew we would see our team turn around. I’ve been super busy and have only made a couple games thus far - closing out the year and traveling on biz. Schedule will simmer down. I made most or the games after NY last year and plan on doing it again.

Baseball is the tough one. Had 4 tickets last year and it’s impossibel to make 28 home games unles your retired and in town all the time. I gave away 80% of those tickets. Just can’t do it this year and seems you can always buy a baseball ticket for the games you want. In basketball - as we get better all the B12 games will be tough to get a ticket - great to see that happen again!

FrogtheFourth

TCU does need to work on attendance, this was the biggest non conference home game. Should have been more people. Good environment in the second half. If we put together a couple of good seasons, the arena will fill up.

I did enjoy picking up two tickets for less than $20 each... One of the cheapest places in the country to watch two teams of that caliber. Kind of like football in the old days.

tcumaniac

Agreed. I've been to a lot of games over the past couple of years (probably not as many as our main b-ball man, GuardianFrog", but the crowd was very good. SMU made a lot of noise early, including the loudest clapper I've ever heard right in front of me, but that dwindled as the game went on. That was a great atmosphere and I loved sending those dorks home with their heads down.
You obviously haven’t sat next to the clapper.

He’s sat next to me at baseball games before, and I literally think I have hearing damage from it.

Btw. Good seeing you tonight.

Deep Purple

First time I read this I started frantically trying to figure out where I left out commas.

I'm slow.
No you're not. I've made a successful living as a writer for 34 years, and not just at TCU. Been published multiple times. Your brief post was grammatically perfect and was absent no required commas

There was one place I spotted that a comma could have possibly been added, but it was optional under English punctuation rules and not really necessary. It's Bob Sugar, not you, who lacks understanding of his written native tongue.

Problem is, too many guys rely on rules of grammar they learned 20-30 years ago or more. Those rules were faulty at the time, and they are even more faulty and outdated today.

Frog-in-law1995

Bob was joking. He was responding to Peace’s post about some fans’ proclivity to find error where none is present. Peace said he was slow because he didn’t catch the irony at first.