• The KillerFrogs

Baseball vs OU Game #2

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
We Win!!!!
ren_and_stimpy02_1024.jpg

EXHALE!

hometown frog

Hoping somebody has video of that last catch. Chuck made it seem spectacular and after the couple that Rizer had at Lupton recently I wanna see this one w my own eyes.

flyfishingfrog

Hoping somebody has video of that last catch. Chuck made it seem spectacular and after the couple that Rizer had at Lupton recently I wanna see this one w my own eyes.
it was hit pretty deep into the gap in left center - more toward center - and he ran it down and caught it about 10 feet from the track but in full stride - it was a great catch and if he doesn't, the game is tied and possibly a guy on 3rd.

But after the full out grand theft their entire outfield and the 3rd baseman from OU put on us the last two games - it was about time we got some payback

Jiczer

I am relieved. Listening to the game while watching the tx tech basketball was wearing me out. I started yelling at the wrong time. Riser is the hero of the game with another great game saving catch. By the way tech is 19 and m.st is 19.

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
I know, Wish someone who does the GoFrogs Twitter feed could go to away games and post videos of these plays.

flyfishingfrog

I know, Wish someone who does the GoFrogs Twitter feed could go to away games and post videos of these plays.
well if it makes you all feel better - the actual video was really blurry and missed the actual catch for the most part - their student camera person was having a auto focus problem the last half of the game and couldn't keep up with the ball and Rizer - so you saw Rizer running hard into the frame and then the ball and Rizer kind of run out of the top and suddenly the camera jerks and he had his glove up showing the umps he had the ball.

So it was a little anti-climatic other than getting to hear their color guy swallow his gum...

Sand Frog

It was honestly a relatively routine catch that any decent CF should make. Rizer has good range and instincts out there so it’s a catch I expect him to make every time.

That ball he ran down in the alley and caught at the top of the fence against ut has been his most impressive to me. He seems to get great reads of the ball off the bat out in center. He made a catch last weekend where he was looking over his right shoulder at a dead run backwards and had to switch over his left shoulder full stride and made it look routine as well.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
well if it makes you all feel better - the actual video was really blurry and missed the actual catch for the most part - their student camera person was having a auto focus problem the last half of the game and couldn't keep up with the ball and Rizer - so you saw Rizer running hard into the frame and then the ball and Rizer kind of run out of the top and suddenly the camera jerks and he had his glove up showing the umps he had the ball.

So it was a little anti-climatic other than getting to hear their color guy swallow his gum...
You could not have described it better. It's at the very end of the video.
http://www.soonersports.com/mediaPo...M_ID=31000&clip=5912026&cid=1&db_oem_id=31000

Moose Stuff

That ball he ran down in the alley and caught at the top of the fence against ut has been his most impressive to me. He seems to get great reads of the ball off the bat out in center. He made a catch last weekend where he was looking over his right shoulder at a dead run backwards and had to switch over his left shoulder full stride and made it look routine as well.

His body control and instincts make some tough catches look easier than they are for sure.

LawFrog504

That was a scheissing massive win last night. Proud of our guys for hanging in there. Today feels like a must win. Desperately need 5-6 good innings from Williamson since we no longer have King to bring in. Interested to see what Schloss does bullpen wise.
Further, Rizer's range and instincts in CF are some of the best we have ever seen at TCU. Guy has saved 3 games now solely on catches in center. Feels great to have that safety net back there

Dogfrog

That was a scheissing massive win last night. Proud of our guys for hanging in there. Today feels like a must win. Desperately need 5-6 good innings from Williamson since we no longer have King to bring in. Interested to see what Schloss does bullpen wise.
Further, Rizer's range and instincts in CF are some of the best we have ever seen at TCU. Guy has saved 3 games now solely on catches in center. Feels great to have that safety net back there

Yea great win by Tech last night. Good luck Monday night.

PurpleBlood87

CJS said yesterday that Eissler might have to go Sunday and better be ready.