• The KillerFrogs

Baseball - TCU v LBSU Game #3

Eight

like watching tcu play this type of series because lbst is a solid program, they put pressure on your defense and your pitching staff with their approach to the game, and you can never see too many soft strike tossing left-handers.

Eight

someone tell the broadcast crew that while riley might have grown up an astro fan houston is not pulling a dallas and claiming bcs.

will say i am open to riley showing he can throw strikes in a pressure situation to help that bullpen

SnoSki

not sure if this has already been asked, but no chuck lamendola on the radio today. Is he no longer the radio PBP guy?

Edit: is chuck calling tv?

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
WE WON !!

Butt-pals-1600-1200.jpg

flyfishingfrog

Interesting year so far - winning both series and generating offense in several places in the line up - a few that are really exciting like Josh, Landy, Oviedo and Conor.

Luken is in control at the plate but not at full power it seems but was amazing this weekend on the field both Defensively and running the bases.

Shep seems to have hit a new gear defensively today but still a little lost at the plate - guessing he figures it out soon.

Our freshman middle infield are definitely doing more than one would expect from guys with 6 games of D1 on their back

Conor looks like he settling in out at RF - not sure if Rizer is still hurt or this weekends OF is the new standard since we saw the same one against both a RHP and LHP starter

Our pitching staff looks good but not the great they will be once mid season comes around I would bet.

Anything I missed?

Moose Stuff

Interesting year so far - winning both series and generating offense in several places in the line up - a few that are really exciting like Josh, Landy, Oviedo and Conor.

Luken is in control at the plate but not at full power it seems but was amazing this weekend on the field both Defensively and running the bases.

Shep seems to have hit a new gear defensively today but still a little lost at the plate - guessing he figures it out soon.

Our freshman middle infield are definitely doing more than one would expect from guys with 6 games of D1 on their back

Conor looks like he settling in out at RF - not sure if Rizer is still hurt or this weekends OF is the new standard since we saw the same one against both a RHP and LHP starter

Our pitching staff looks good but not the great they will be once mid season comes around I would bet.

Anything I missed?

We’re gonna need Wymer to be better on Sunday OR we’re gonna need to find someone else to throw on Sunday and let him return to his old role where he was outstanding.

f_399

The scouts were all over baker.

I walked the stadium and every time he was at bat the scouts were scrambling to get a video of him and promptly moved on after he was done.

froghorn4

not sure if this has already been asked, but no chuck lamendola on the radio today. Is he no longer the radio PBP guy?

Edit: is chuck calling tv?
It's only for TV games that Chuck calls. I think they used to simulcast. Now the broadcasts are split. He'll be on radio for all the others from what I understand.

flyfishingfrog

We’re gonna need Wymer to be better on Sunday OR we’re gonna need to find someone else to throw on Sunday and let him return to his old role where he was outstanding.
I could see that - he looks like either he changed his delivery or his back is hurting him. Wonder if he overdid preparing for becoming the starter or changed something that didn't need changing so he could go 6-7 instead of 2-3

flyfishingfrog

The scouts were all over baker.

I walked the stadium and every time he was at bat the scouts were scrambling to get a video of him and promptly moved on after he was done.
They were down the third baseline at the end of the dugout a lot also - for Wymer when he started, for Durbin when he came in, to film Josh for about half his at bats, Landestoy and Wanny for a couple of at bats each and Luken every time he breathed or scratched...