• The KillerFrogs

Baseball - TCU at Baylor - Sunday, Game #3

Pharm Frog

Our 2013 team missed the playoffs but I think we could all see the potential. The pitching was phenomenal it’s just the bats could never get going. I just don’t see the potential with this group.

I see potential and some of it was evident earlier this season but I don’t think I see enough.

PurpleBlood87

If you are playing back and conceding a run, why wouldn’t CW abandon 1B to save a run on a wide throw. IMO you get what deserve with CW in any defensive position.

Runner should have been called out on interference. Slid right through the bag. That's been interference on TCU more than once this season.

Pharm Frog

This is shockingly bad. Can it be salvaged?
Not this year.

It would take something unimaginable to get the ship righted this season. And given the number of presumed returnees and how much scholly is tied up, it could be a while. I had hope they’d develop a chemistry and get into a groove but it seems like they’ve fallen into the wrong groove. It’s like the jersey is just too big for most of them right now and the bench is darn near empty.

Gonna need to go find some great (but not too great) very smart players with affluent families who will apply for admission in majors that need numbers.

Pharm Frog

Runner should have been called out on interference. Slid right through the bag. That's been interference on TCU more than once this season.

You can slide all the way to the left center field wall as long as you get down early enough and are within the base range and don’t pop-up, roll block or leg whip or anything like that. But that would make it even more sensible for CW to have abandoned the base to ensure that the ball didn’t get passed him.

flyfishingfrog

Are we just a victim of recruiting players that end up going to the pros?
Feels like we are the victim of a bad recruiting year - both in who went pro and who we did get to campus not living up to expectations so far with maybe 2 exceptions and also getting stung by the approach of going super lean on defensive position players in order to have more bullpen depth - an approach that had been very successful in getting us to the CWS because of good recruiting but left us with no returning depth the next 2 years outside of recruits really and thus when you have a hiccup - you get this evidently
We are going to need a stellar recruiting class next year that shows up to turn this around or it could be a few years...

I could see us having 8 new guys (maybe 7 with one current infielder moving positions) next year

PurpleBlood87

Feels like we are the victim of a bad recruiting year - both in who went pro and who we did get to campus not living up to expectations so far with maybe 2 exceptions and also getting stung by the approach of going super lean on defensive position players in order to have more bullpen depth - an approach that had been very successful in getting us to the CWS because of good recruiting but left us with no returning depth the next 2 years outside of recruits really and thus when you have a hiccup - you get this evidently
We are going to need a stellar recruiting class next year that shows up to turn this around or it could be a few years...

I could see us having 8 new guys (maybe 7 with one current infielder moving positions) next year

It's one season, not going to give up on Shephard, Oviedo and Boulware that fast.