• The KillerFrogs

Baseball Starters?

AustFrog

Any thoughts on what the line-up looks like this year? Lots of holes to fill.

C - Humphreys
1B- Baker
2B - ?
SS - ? Olivedo ?
3B - ? Landestoy ?
OF - Watson
OF - Wanhannen ?
OF - ?
DH - ?

Weekend Rotation - Janczak, Lodolo, and then Brown?, King?, Eisler?
Midweek - ?
Closer - Feltman

PO Frog

Wymer without a doubt will be the third starter. Possibly the best rotation in baseball behind Florida. Thinking Landestoy platoons a bit more at first when LB dh’s.

Looking forward to some new bats in the lineup, and for Watson to return to his freshman form.

Realtorfrog

Landestoy not going to be a starter I doubt......you missed a good coaching nugget if you missed the killerfrogs luncheon!!!!

Excited about this team

frogtex

Best guess

C. Humphreys
1b. Baker
2b. Boulware
SS. Oviedo
3b. Shepherd
LF. Watson
CF. Rizer
RF. Balta/Wanhanen
DH. Balta/Wanhanen

Rotation
Janczak, Lodolo, Wymer, R Smith

This team has potential to pitch well

Key will be how they evolve as a good defensive team and formulate a serviceable offense

Going to be interesting

Moose Stuff

Best guess

C. Humphreys
1b. Baker
2b. Boulware
SS. Oviedo
3b. Shepherd
LF. Watson
CF. Rizer
RF. Balta/Wanhanen
DH. Balta/Wanhanen

Rotation

Key will be how they evolve as a good defensive team and formulate a serviceable offense

Going to be interesting

Barring multiple significant injuries I will be BEYOND SHOCKED if this team doesn’t pitch well.

Westsider

With the exception of Boulware, that’s a pretty big lineup. I hope there’s some speed somewhere. Not just pretty fast, but real speed.

This team certainly looks different than recent years.

If they can play defense, they will have enough offense to have a good season. Tournament baseball is a crap shoot so who knows if this is an Omaha team but we probably have enough talent overall to make a run.

PurpleBlood87

Wymer without a doubt will be the third starter. Possibly the best rotation in baseball behind Florida. Thinking Landestoy platoons a bit more at first when LB dh’s.

Looking forward to some new bats in the lineup, and for Watson to return to his freshman form.

Landestoy can't make the throw from third.

flyfishingfrog

I think Big Russ is going to be really impressive in the mid week role - especially as the season goes on. He seems to have Howard's length but a bit more power and movement. Could be a great one for the next 3 years.

TCUdirtbag

This team certainly looks different than recent years.

If they can play defense, they will have enough offense to have a good season. Tournament baseball is a crap shoot so who knows if this is an Omaha team but we probably have enough talent overall to make a run.

The road to 4 in a row has been insane. The 22-inning game, game 3 vs. Pepperdine, the NC State game, extra-innings with the Aggies in FW (#TCU15), 3-game Super in CS, etc. It's so hard to get to Omaha - yet we keep getting lucky (or good bounces, timely hits, good pitching, hard work paying off, goo defense, whatever you want to call it). Will be fun to see how this year's run goes.

Leap Frog

Best guess

C. Humphreys
1b. Baker
2b. Boulware
SS. Oviedo
3b. Shepherd
LF. Watson
CF. Rizer
RF. Balta/Wanhanen
DH. Balta/Wanhanen

Rotation

Going to be interesting
frogtex knows his Frog baseball-- his lineup is well thought out. Go Frogs!

Sebastian S

Back to the Landestoy - Baker argument for 1B... this will likely be both their last year at TCU?

I think Landestoy is better at 1st but are we going to hurt Bakers draft status if he has no position other than DH? Baker's injury also happened when he was at 1st

Eight

Back to the Landestoy - Baker argument for 1B... this will likely be both their last year at TCU?

I think Landestoy is better at 1st but are we going to hurt Bakers draft status if he has no position other than DH? Baker's injury also happened when he was at 1st

pretty sure that unless schloss is hearing voices in his head there really is no argument about who is playing first base

TCUdirtbag

Without a doubt, Luken Baker is the starting first baseman.

Latest posts