• The KillerFrogs

Baseball draftees

FungoFrog

Tier 1
Latest rumor is that Purke deal is close to being done, with Purke taking a $$$ cut but it will be a major league deal (he is on the 40-man roster) with some early out clauses for Purke.

Still nothing on Cron.

FungoFrog

Tier 1
Out clauses???

Described to me as, "if not in big leagues by this time client has right to request release." Might not be true, I was just told it was part of the conversation. Nats are trying to bring him in with lower total bonus but perks to make package more appealing.

illini_frog

Maybe...just for leverage...Cron will tiptoe to the entrance of class, and hope the Mariners crumble and offer him more at the last second.

Or maybe he's moved into his dorm like a normal student-athlete who will be playing ball for TCU in the spring.

FungoFrog

Tier 1
Maybe...just for leverage...Cron will tiptoe to the entrance of class, and hope the Mariners crumble and offer him more at the last second.

Or maybe he's moved into his dorm like a normal student-athlete who will be playing ball for TCU in the spring.

I hope to eat some crow, re: Cron, tonight.

FungoFrog

Tier 1
Bonuses are getting stupid.

The Royals jus gave their third rounder a $1.5 million bonus. Cron will definitely get to his number, just a matter of choice.

cdsfrog

Cron may not get what you think

Remember who you are dealing with

Mariners have an awful management group, not to mention hitters prefer not to go there. Pitchers on the other hand, love it

As for purke, I really didnt think they would offer 3 millon over the slot, but then again it's the nationals. They just wasted 15million on phenom strausburg, 5 million more than the next highest.

Good luck Purke, I hope you rob them blind and then move on a good franchise.

cdsfrog

Could you imagine Purke and Straus meeting their full potential and being 1,2 for the Nationals? Would be nasty. Then throw in Rendon and Harper.

Not really, since the Nationals would mismanage them and they would be hurt. Wish he got drafted by a team that didnt suck hard

Young and Horned

Not really, since the Nationals would mismanage them and they would be hurt. Wish he got drafted by a team that didnt suck hard

Pretty sure the Giants, Red Sox, Brewers, Rangers, Rays, Phillies all sucked hard at some point in recent memory. Just takes a few of the right young players/prospects. Either to bring up through your system or to trade.

cdsfrog

Pretty sure the Giants, Red Sox, Brewers, Rangers, Rays, Phillies all sucked hard at some point in recent memory. Just takes a few of the right young players/prospects. Either to bring up through your system or to trade.

True but they fired a manager that had their best record in a long time. I used to go to Nats games (alot actually) when I lived in northern virginia. Great stadium, good fans, and terrible, stupid management.