• The KillerFrogs

Baseball Draft 3rd Day Who Comes Back?

NewFrogFan

Saw several guys that can still come back drafted on 3rd day. I read that any money over 150k used in signing bonus for rounds 11-20 then comes out of round 1-10 pool. With NIL a reasonable factor for returnees, who comes back?

I did not see a thread for this topic, if I missed it, mods can delete.

East Coast

Tier 1
Problem is seniors get totally screwed by the system. I saw where the Nationals drafted 4 or 5 seniors in round 6-10 and gave them all $20K. Below round 10 would probably get less. Pretty much any junior that wants to play pro ball is going to sign if drafted.

Savage signed a free agent contract with the Rangers, so he is gone too.

hometown frog

Tre Richardson signed. I think officially he and Luke are the only two to officially sign their contracts at this point for returning players. I’m guessing all but Wright will sign their deals and go pro. (Think Wright can afford to come back since he was a last round late pick.)

A couple of signees and portal transfers have signed their minor league deals.

PurpleBlood87

Tre Richardson signed. I think officially he and Luke are the only two to officially sign their contracts at this point for returning players. I’m guessing all but Wright will sign their deals and go pro. (Think Wright can afford to come back since he was a last round late pick.)

A couple of signees and portal transfers have signed their minor league deals.
Nunez signed.

Eight

Well dang. Now we’re looking at a major roster rebuild.

true, but when you consider the transfers the frogs have recently added in the 3rd, 1st, and 2nd basemen that was apparent in the infield, the juco outfielder who will play right and the number of pitchers who have been added on top of the recruiting class

curious who projects to centerfield, do we still see maxwell in left, and what happens with byrne and boyers?

hometown frog

Not surprising but Cam Brown signed his deal as well.
Nothing official for BTay, Cole or Garrett that I’ve seen. Think those are the last three unsigned. I expect all of them to sign at this point. (Cole is the one closest to coming back from what I understand)

fanatical frog

Nothing official for BTay, Cole or Garrett that I’ve seen. Think those are the last three unsigned. I expect all of them to sign at this point. (Cole is the one closest to coming back from what I understand)
I sure hope Cole comes back. He was our best bat in the post season. Would love to see what he can do in a senior year.

Eight

cam is the amazing one to me, but moose called it early in the year

guess that is why he gets paid to make those decisions

hometown frog

cam is the amazing one to me, but moose called it early in the year

guess that is why he gets paid to make those decisions
I didn’t think cam was coming back at any point. His stuff is too good metric wise he want gonna do himself any good coming back one more year and losing any leverage he might have as a junior. He needed to get into a minor league program and see if they can get him right

StigFrog

Cole and Garrett have signed. Your assistant 15U coach told me months ago that Garrett was here for three seasons and gone.

Eight

I didn’t think cam was coming back at any point. His stuff is too good metric wise he want gonna do himself any good coming back one more year and losing any leverage he might have as a junior. He needed to get into a minor league program and see if they can get him right

agree, there is no reason from a negotiating perspective for cam to come back and maybe when he gets exposed to new instruction etc...he will go from being someone with untapped potential to a true prospect

just interesting that one consistency seems to be with the draft the way potential surpasses productivity

hometown frog

agree, there is no reason from a negotiating perspective for cam to come back and maybe when he gets exposed to new instruction etc...he will go from being someone with untapped potential to a true prospect

just interesting that one consistency seems to be with the draft the way potential surpasses productivity
Definition of the MLB draft after about the first two rounds. Need some potential draft upside wins filled in w a bunch of guys simply willing to play and practice against MLB prospects for a couple of years and then quit and go away.

Last edited:

Eight

has braden montgomery made a decision on if he is staying at stanford or transferring?

if he is interested if leaving the sunken diamond behind he can definitely do better than starkville, heck, who would a former stanford student talk to there and the frogs could find a place for him

plus, it would piss off the horn fans, seriously, who wants to play on fake grass with a little league outfield fence?

PurpleBlood87

has braden montgomery made a decision on if he is staying at stanford or transferring?

if he is interested if leaving the sunken diamond behind he can definitely do better than starkville, heck, who would a former stanford student talk to there and the frogs could find a place for him

plus, it would piss off the horn fans, seriously, who wants to play on fake grass with a little league outfield fence?
Portal closed July 13.

Moose Stuff

Cam has been exposed to plenty of quality instruction in his 3 years at TCU. That isn’t his issue.