• The KillerFrogs

Baseball America: Frogs back in Top 10

Radio Frogger

kwinker11428309jw.jpg

http://www.baseballa...11/2611710.html

10. TEXAS CHRISTIAN

Last Week: 2-1. Overall: 33-14, 15-2 in MWC. (5-5 vs. Top 25). Weekend Series: 11-1.
TCU won a big road series against fellow regional host contender Oklahoma State. The Horned Frogs are 9-4 against Big 12 teams this season. Kyle Winkler (6 IP, 9 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 9 K) pitched well in defeat Friday. On Saturday, Joe Weik (3-for-4, 3 R, 3 RBI, 2 HR) became the first Horned Frog to hit multiple homers in a game this season, and Erik Miller (7.1 IP, 9 H, 2 ER) picked up his third straight win in his third straight start since stepping in for Matt Purke in the weekend rotation. With Steven Maxwell also sidelined (biceps soreness), Andrew Mitchell (5.2 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 4 BB, 6 K) made the Sunday start and pitched well in a no-decision. Brance Rivera (4-for-5) led a balanced 13-hit attack, and TCU rebounded after blowing a 7-1 lead, winning on Zac Jordan's solo homer in the 10th.
RESULTS
May 6-8: @ (16) Oklahoma State: L 6-2, W 10-3, W 8-7 (10 innings)
UPCOMING
May 10: Baylor
May 13-15: Utah

10 Key Frog

Boyds World has us at a #20 RPI after the weekend. Their needs report says a 7-1 record could take us to #16 if the #16 team plays out the schedule at their current win percentage.

frogbyproxy

I thought we had a chance to go up in the polls. I believe we have a chance of winning out through regular season with our pitching staff getting healthy again. I see Oregon State, Texas, South Carolina, Frorida state, Flrorida losing at least two games before conference playoffs. If we take care of business like I feel we can we will get a regional and national seed. One game at a time!

Go Frogs!

Sangria Wine

Boyds World has us at a #20 RPI after the weekend. Their needs report says a 7-1 record could take us to #16 if the #16 team plays out the schedule at their current win percentage.

Boyd is a good dude. A stats guy to the core and he has a deep love for the game. That said I would tell you that Baseball America is more in tune with what the actual selection committee thinks. RPI is used to justify exclusion more than it is to justify inclusion. We have the capacity to win 40 regular season games and be a top 8 seed. It is all subjective and we are probably more respected nationally than we are on this board!

illini_frog

Maybe I am reading this wrong, but are people suggesting we can get a top 8 seed now and host a super regional too?

IMO, I am predicting we go 7-1 the rest of the year, but I thought a super was out of the question awhile ago.

Sangria Wine

And personally I would tell you the number one record I look at is what the teams record is in weekend series on the season. That tells the tale of post season probably better than any other stat. Baseball is all about winning the series. 2 out of 3 and you get to keep playing for a long time.

BABYFACE

Boyd is a good dude. A stats guy to the core and he has a deep love for the game. That said I would tell you that Baseball America is more in tune with what the actual selection committee thinks. RPI is used to justify exclusion more than it is to justify inclusion. We have the capacity tFortFo win 40 regular season games and be a top 8 seed. It is all subjective and we are probably more respected
nationally than we are on this board!

You speak the truth. There are some mistaken on this board concerning college baseball. While this TCU has some serious issues, I do think they are still very much in play for hosting a regional.

Leap Frog

Boyd is a good dude. A stats guy to the core and he has a deep love for the game. That said I would tell you that Baseball America is more in tune with what the actual selection committee thinks. RPI is used to justify exclusion more than it is to justify inclusion. We have the capacity to win 40 regular season games and be a top 8 seed. It is all subjective and we are probably more respected nationally than we are on this board!

Good report, I always listen when Sangria talks Frog baseball. I sure hope you're right.